Currently reading:
Flue

Discuss Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

Hi guys, I've been asked to price to replace and existing combi with a new combi. The trouble is where the existing flue terminates is only 100mm from a soil pipe and less than 300mm from an internal and external corner. Is there a way of adding an attachment of some kind onto the flue terminal to allow me to fit the new boiler in the same position? I know you can get a plume kit but I don't think that would suffice as the air intake would still be in the wrong place. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?
apart from moving the boiler?

cheers guys

Most new boilers I can think of can terminate within 100mm of soil pipe and 300mm from corner.
What boiler you thinking of fitting? Check their MI's!

some boilers can be fitted closer than 300mm to a corner, ideal was one manufacturer that allowed it on certain boilers. do some reading of MI and see what you find.

Most manufacturers will stick to standard clearances but if its in there interest to test and reduce a measurement they will. Some manufacturers would do this in the past to be able to suit positions on new build houses because they would sell 1000's if chosen by national builders.

I've had a look at the mi's and it says 300mm min from internal/external corner and 150mm min from drainage pipe. I was going to fit a viessmann. I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to fit the boiler somewhere else. Trouble is everything it needs is right there already. To move it all is gonna be a much bigger job. I might have to phone viessmann I suppose? I need a plume kit that does both intake and outlet. Is there such a thing?

Can you get a cover note from manufacturers if the say its ok?

No not necessarily its just what I usually fit and I'm only 2 boilers away from a free Magna cleanse . Lol

I would not fit one of them if was upto me. Been to few of them in past few weeks that required PCB's and had multiple leaks.
Used to think they were good boilers.

Ideal logic can be fitted 25mm from vertical soil pipe.
Surely the job can be done without moving the boiler

can you alter the soil pipe ? and or re drill the flue hole at an angle

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Ideal logics and vaillants reduce dimensions down to 25mm to such as like. Not sure of anybody else as I tend to stick to these as well as WB. As for viessmann, I've been to their training centres and was initially impressed. Not sure of all that plastic though inside.

45 degree flue bend straight off the boiler before going to outside.
it will push it over about 75mm, go close to the soil pipe leave 300mm from the corner. HayPresto

You can fit the vaillant 25mm from an internal corner if you use a plume deflector kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock