Discuss Flue termination over next doors drive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masood,

You are right about extension etc .. I had the same case with an extension the owner build it about 4" to high ... He broke a view of the neighbours therefore he had to change the extension about4"

Im not being funny but if was mr bloggs and was doing an extension that is within permissible allowance i would call on the neighbours door and basically say 'move your boiler as a wall is going over it tomorrow'.

No need for a private prosecution. The new owners went to local authority building control and lodged a complaint. The neighbours had to move the boiler in their expensive new extension. This was Redbridge council and I got the job of moving the boiler as the homeowner understandably did not want the original installer back.

What people don't seem to realise is that unlike Gas Safe rules, Building Regs are actual statutes. The full force of the law is behind them, and local authority building control can enforce them, right up to forcing people to knock down extensions, new builds etc. Fines can be in the tens of thousands and chronic failure to comply has in the past led to jail terms.

Yep pretty much bang on , an extension is being ripped down around the corner from where we live ,build control officer came around saw it was not fully compliant and said adapt it to suit or knock it down.

Yep pretty much bang on , an extension is being ripped down around the corner from where we live ,build control officer came around saw it was not fully compliant and said adapt it to suit or knock it down.

Mate, a house round the corner from me is in the same state. Lord knows what the people were thinking but they built a loft extension, two-storey rear extension as well as converting the garage to living space and raising that to two storeys as well - all BEFORE applying for planning permission and permission for change of use from a family home to a residential home for kids with mental health problems.

Permission was refused when they did apply and now they have to knock down most of it. They've been allowed to keep the loft extension but not the rear and above the garage. Basically the council ruled that it has to be a large family home again.

They have seriously scary powers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue termination over next doors drive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock