Currently reading:
flue gas analysers?

Discuss flue gas analysers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi first post on here i looking for some advice on purchasing a FGA
Anton sprints seem to be popular and ive also looked at TPI models(that look to have reasonable re calibration fixed costs for 5 years). Has anybody got any advice for me on positives and negatives of perticulare manufactures
thanks Adrian

i don't like anton. I use a kane 455. depends what you use it for. if commercial then throw some money at it. if just domestic then there all a much of a muchness. the ironic thing is though nomatter what make or model, you put any side by side on the same boiler you will get different results. Hope that helps;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get TPI, (American crap build quality) got one on trial, NEVER worked correctly out of the box,took 10 minutes to purge in fresh air. Returned to ppc, our firms used antons for over 15 years prices for calibration varies every 2 years (sensor changes) 5 years warranty though.

Sprint Evo 2 for me have had two years no problems. Sprint XT2000 gave 10 years + before that

We have Sprint Evo 2 analysers, one has gone back for a warranty repair as it decided to stop taking FGA readings. It's been with them a week now and every time I call, they've never called me, I'm given the same answer 'still not looked at it yet'. We have also had a printer replaced under warranty too. The calibration seems to take forever to be done by Anton as well, can be up to two weeks which I think is far too long. Thankfully as we have other FGAs we can cope with being one down but if you only have access to the one it would be a real pain in the behind being without for a few weeks.

We're using Poole Instruments for Anton calibration, they do a 36 hour turnaround for annual calibration. Great service.

We're using Poole Instruments for Anton calibration, they do a 36 hour turnaround for annual calibration. Great service.

36 thats slow kane do 24 hour ;D

I wasn't comparing calibration times between manufacturers, just giving some helpful info to the guy who already has Anton products so he has an option for the future.

I just traded my Testo 327 in for a Kane 455. Testo wanted over £300 to service it! Very happy with the Kane so far & servicing will be about £80 a year

That is quick. Reason I'm using anton is because they will give them a 5 year warranty if I get our analysers serviced with them. Condition is the calibration/service has to be carried out by them.

That is quick. Reason I'm using anton is because they will give them a 5 year warranty if I get our analysers serviced with them. Condition is the calibration/service has to be carried out by them.
Poole Instruments calibration doesn't invalidate your warranty, they're approved by Anton. That's why we use them.

I just traded my Testo 327 in for a Kane 455. Testo wanted over £300 to service it! Very happy with the Kane so far & servicing will be about £80 a year

That's what i paid when i put my Testo 327 in but that included all sensors replaced which it won't now need for another 3 years so until that time it'll just be £65-£75 ish a year.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue gas analysers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock