Currently reading:
first person trying to knock me

Discuss first person trying to knock me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
attended job which was to:

- put in new stopcock as current one was not accessible, it was on galvanised steel
- fit new flush valve and float valve but cistern was stuck to wall
- fix dripping hot tap

i dont charge per hour and charged flat rate of £290 for this including materials as i thought the galvanised may have been tricky to undo and cistern was stuck to wall could have taken time getting off. customer was sent quote in email 3 days before work was carried out.

job went very smoothly and i was out in 4 hours customer happy and left all neat and tidy. 3 days later customer emails asking for break down of materials which came to £60, 5 days later invoice now 1 day over due i get sent this:

Thanks for getting back to me
I am more than happy to pay for the work that you carried out and I understand that you have to allow for problems along the way
I also understand that you have to make a living.
Having received a breakdown of the work carried out do you feel that £290 is a reasonable amount to charge
Would it be possible for you to review the amount of your invoice to an amount that is agreeable to both parties please
I would like to pay your invoice today so an early response would be appreciated

which i replied with this:
Sorry,

But the price was agreed before the work was carried out, the price was given to you in writing via email and stated what it included. you received this quote days before the work was carried out. My price reflects that i do not charge per hour and i allowed for problems of working on galvanised steel and that your cistern was stuck to the wall, plumbers with less experience would have taken longer than me to carry out this work.

In another circumstance if this job would have taken 12hours would you have had emailed asking for the price to be increased?

Even if this job is worked out as a hourly rate it would come to less than £60 per hour which is still £12 less per hour than **** which is a local based plumbing company.

I have never had to take a customer to court for late payment but if needs be i will take this route, and extra charges for my time will and fees will be added to the bill

What you guys think? think it cheek myself and that the price was not even that bad i am based in kent 30mins from london

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to first person trying to knock me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock