Currently reading:
Fernox Tf1 total filter reversed flow

Discuss Fernox Tf1 total filter reversed flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, am new to this forum & hoping for assistance with new installation of Fernox TF1 Total filter.

Have a new Intergas Rapid 25 boiler installed by gas safe engineer but he's installed the filter with reversed flow.
The return pipe drops behind boiler to 500mm below boiler and the engineer has fitted it into the downward leg of the return pipe instead of the upward leg to boiler return tail. The arrow on the filter is in upward direction against the downward flow direction of the system. How significant is this for the filter/system and what's the best way to correct this for maximum filter effect please. The engineer is not liky to be available to correct his work.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
No excuse but the reason my wife was stressing getting close to Christmas and cold weather meant I dropped my guard and was too soft just to get her happy and comfortable.. Still don't accept it was right of him to do such a bodge.. If he'd said he needed more time and more money I would have accepted that.. I made that clear to him from the outset. I said I was more interested in a good reliable job than price.. Don't know how I could have been clearer. I've been self employed with customers for many years (partly tv & video repairs) and always took pride and care over my work & customers. I do tend to make the mistake sometimes of assuming all trades are of the same mind... I've learned.
Not trades, contractors, don’t tarn us all

Reply to Fernox Tf1 total filter reversed flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock