Currently reading:
Example of Baxi Duo Tec Cracked Exhaust on Vertical Flue

Discuss Example of Baxi Duo Tec Cracked Exhaust on Vertical Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

arran197

Gas Engineer
Went to service this Duo Tec today, thought, nice quick job, just a boiler in and out within 30 mins. Wrong.

Boiler was noisy on start up, the FGA confirmed my thoughts. Before pulling the flue apart I checked the condense trap, checked the heat exchanger and did the FGA on minimum with the combustion door open, which caused the boiler to operate a little better.

Pulled the flue apart in the loft and found the exhaust cracked. I think this is about 4 I've come across now. But this boiler was only fitted 32 months ago. It always seems to be the first flue extension and appears to be where the spring keeps the gap between the outer and inner flue. The crack gets worse and worse, until, like this one, it forms a hole and allows a mix of products and air to create huge quantities of CO.

DSC_6113_zps44fc1dca.jpg

DSC_6114_zps6b51d5f4.jpg

HEA and GA use diffrent flues never had this problem,have you talked to baxi yet?

Oh right, I'll be honest, not looked at a GA flue. Don't really come across them too much. Spoke to Baxi in what way? Told them I'm coming across this fault? If so, no I haven't. How do you go about that?

Oh right, I'll be honest, not looked at a GA flue. Don't really come across them too much. Spoke to Baxi in what way? Told them I'm coming across this fault? If so, no I haven't. How do you go about that?
speak to technical and ask for a technical adviser/manager

Maybe Ideal will then inform gas safe and make a technical bulletin for Us all!

Ideal ? Baxi would ideally! Seen ga and he flues mixed together, causing high co as the internals move on ga but not he so gap between internal seals. Ga flue has dimples for screws on collars .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Example of Baxi Duo Tec Cracked Exhaust on Vertical Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock