Currently reading:
Easiest Job ever.

Discuss Easiest Job ever. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doodlebug

What's the easiest job you've ever had? You know, the one where your thinking "this could be a pain" and when you get there, your like thank you god, lol.

Here's one from me, "No Hot Water".
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1347492077.935065.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's got to be programmers, blown fuses, RCD trips, that sort of thing.

They come along every now and then, and generally if I've driven out to some ones house, I'll still make a charge as it's wasted time.

I've often even asked them on the phone, have you check x,y or Z!!

No gas in the meter is another one that comes up with landlords. They send me out and I tell the tenant to go down to the shops and put a fiver on their meter card!!

Had one this morning, TRV needs replacing, thought drain down, replace, add inhibitor refill, test.
Got there and it was just the top part of the TRV that had snapped where it meets the valve, it was a Drayton rt111 and I replaced 8 of those with chrome effect ones a couple of weeks ago and still had the old bits in my used bin.
In and out in about 90 seconds :)

Every job i "think" is going to be like that always manifests in this big mess. And it was always so and so's ex husband who did it. Or customer has tried to repair it themselves. I long for an easy job lol

Resetting an ideal Isar as an emergency Sunday morning callout. Thank you very much.

No heat or hot water in the morning, mother in law staying and she always puts all the sockets off at night, so the spur is off, or as others have said no gas in Meter

Fused spur off is always popular, also room stat turned down, and as mentioned before no gas on meter.

Got called out late one night to a disabled persons block of wardened flats.

Got there, was told no hot water. Ran hot tap. All ok. Told the tenant all was well. She then handed me the kettle and said 'no, this is broken'.

I was fuming at being called out so late but at least it wasn't a nasty job.

when they put gas in a pre payment meter and dont follow the instructions .......numptys

Nice jobs they are. Also if you get a call for a rad not working and it just needs venting. I used to get loads of these when I worked for housing associations.

Or the trv is turned off lol

My easiest fix is going to a new install and pressing the on button to fix a reported "dead boiler".

One customer had caught the ecv with a jacket or summit.... no gas..... they felt really stupid when it was just turned back on...

Also like empty oil tanks,

'Oh but the sight tube is still full, we have been impresses with the efficiency of the boiler'

Pulls indicator valve on tank master

'Oh......'

Two jobs for the same pro footballer, 1st, got sent because the indoor swimming pool temperature was to cold and the air temperature too hot, went into cupboard turned knob marked pool temperature up! And knob marked air emperature down! Easy money. 2 nd time was no hot water, 2 linked 250 litre unvented cylinders, both stone cold checked boiler was firing up fine, his dad then said they had a party last night, 52 people stayed, slept on floor, chairs etc, they all left in the morning, you,ve guessed it. 52 people had a shower one after another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Easiest Job ever. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock