Discuss Door step selling & Contract & 7 day cooling off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mrs Tara Plumbi

It was recently mentioned on a thread and I am ust checking that we are up to date.

When those new rules came in a few years ago I just added a bit on the our Terms & Conditions telling everyone who receives a quote from us that they have 7 days to change their minds - or words to that effect.

Now I am just reading some legal guidance to solicitors - who might be out flogging Wills to vulnerable old folks.

I think it is saying that if we go to someone's house and tell them there and then that their new boiler will cost £*** and they agree to it then the 7 day cooling off thing applies and we have to give the special bit of paper.
I don't know about you but we don't work like that.

Mr TP goes, looks, does the chin rubbing thing and says expect my written quote in the post.

Because the people receive a quote at a later time and then they have to phone us if they want to go ahead I do not think we have to offer that 7 day cooling off period.

What do you think?

o but wait....
So Mr TP looked at a bathroom, sent the people a quote, they call him to discuss it.
He goes back to their house and whilst he is there they say yes go ahead and (hopefully) give a deposit.
Then I suppose the 7 day cooling off and special bit of paper applies - because it was done in their house.
But if he goes and discusses it with them a second time and then asks them to think about it and the next day they transfer the deposit into our bank account - no 7 day cooling off period required?
I'm getting head ache.

always book in the work for 7 working days hence and you dont worry, or sign the form and carry on please no matter how many times you visit first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Door step selling & Contract & 7 day cooling off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock