Currently reading:
Domestic kitchen ventilation

Discuss Domestic kitchen ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

Righto guys.

Mate of mine over the water got in touch with me earlier. He has just had his gas hob disconnected by the gsr he's currently using as id. He has an extension built onto the kitchen meaning there are no openings direct to fresh air.

As you know I'm not too hot on the small stuff so I bow to you guys. Basically, was the gsr correct? If so he's going to need a fixed vent installed yeah? And how many cm2 per kw should the vent be?

The laughable thing is Terry had had the footings down and the first few courses were laid up to dpc level when the same gsr fitted the hob a few months back. They had a conversation about the extension and nothing was mentioned then!

Cheers guys

It is not ID it is AR.
There is a lot of confusion with internal kitchens. Basically if there are do direct doors or windows he'll need an extractor direct to outside (a cooker hood does the job) for purge ventilation and undercut the connecting door.
Have a read of tb 005 and part f of the building regs.

had the same recently, and had the door undercut as mentioned, fire officer then winged the fire door wouldnt work, so I said put in a big vent over the door, seems he didnt lke that either:)

Basically the GSR was a complete plonker and should get his training books out. Unless the hob had a gas leak or was in a very poor state of repair with very poor flame at very most would be AR as mentioned.

Its AR at most

In BG we managed to get these down to NTCS if the kitchen had a door leading into the extension, then extension had a door direct to outside.

Dont shoot me down in flames, BG sometimes make their own rules and gas safe nod along with it

Intumescent vent it is then ;) Edit to add - supposed to have quoted Lame Plumber there b

Last edited:
Its AR at most

In BG we managed to get these down to NTCS if the kitchen had a door leading into the extension, then extension had a door direct to outside.

Dont shoot me down in flames, BG sometimes make their own rules and gas safe nod along with it

From memory I think what you describe complies with the ventilation requirements in Building Regs
BUT in addition you need mechanical ventilation for gas appliance as per TB005 as said by Tamz.

There has been 1 or 2 long threads on this very issue in the past so clearly not clearly understood!

In fact Tamz said all there is too say!
Except
But in my opinion get rid of the gas hob and buy an induction hob!

image.jpgHe was probably following something like this, i'm sure its the same in the corgi book also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestic kitchen ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock