Discuss custards never listen!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

called out to an old baxi 80 e last week, no volts to fan, pcb fried. So advice said custart that new pcb is required, could be the fans failing as well hence the knackered pcb, as the boiler has needed other works in recent months call it a day, new boiler best option. NO NO pcb is fine crack on says he, so popped in a 2nd hand one i have on thurs and leave it working, part arrived fri morning, blessed twit wouldnt answer his phone, as he was nice n warm still. Call tonight, boiler isnt working, same as before, when am I coming out. I mentioned previous conversation, re reliability, he just wants his new pcb, dont bother with the fan change and if course he wont be paying for my now defunct pcb will he.

So off to see him pm on mon, new pcb in hand, and invoice at ready inc a charge for my now defunct pcb, noting theres no warranty on this work :)

Sounds like a regular of courant of ours until we started to refuse to carry out repairs for more than £250 on boilers over 8/10 years old. Excluding BBU and Floorstander. Unless cash upfront with no return visits without cash up front. - think we have had one person do this rest just roll over with new boiler

Just explain that you can make a fortune banging in parts but it's bad press if your there all the time plus who's going to pay you to return to look at next fault? Custard expects you to as it's probably because u didn't fix it properly on last visit. They then think your an idiot get a boiler replacment by another and slag you off forever and sing praises of the illegal their mate recommended who fitted a remah for £2200

fairly obvious its the fan without the need for a mega, after all its a knackered 80e thats just blown my once serviceable pcb :)

whats to guess here, relay on old pcb is knackered no volts to fan terminals, replacement pcb now showing exactly same symptoms, so a new fan is obviously the next replacement needed, but custard only wants to replace pcb due to cost. Cant be telling them but hey hoe.

Well having worked with electrics for years before gas I appreciate the mega and what faults it can show.
Obvious to me that most gas personnel ive encountered struggle with a volt meter.

Its just engrained in me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to custards never listen!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock