Discuss Could I have just parted company with the most aggressive customer ever? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking this post more and more.Retribution - my middle name.Don't get mad - get even!!

As predictable as the sun rising this one is. Got an email back from them tonight. Despite us having 2 appointments to agree the exact design in detail and it being detailed on the quote as a follows: -

Replace existing bath with new bath supplied by us.
New bath to be installed with front edge in same position as existing bath.
Gap round back and left hand side of bath to be boxed and tiled.
Tiled removable bath panel to be installed on front of bath.

Bearing in mind we have a text from the customer the evening she got home to see the bath installation which reads: -

"Hi Keiran. Will ring you once Dave's (husband) been home. I love it. Like a hotel bathroom. Thanks so much. Speak soon."

The gap was caused by them buying an odd sized 1730x700mm B&Q bath and putting it in an alcove. We fitted a 1650x700 bath and fitted horizontal tiles and trim around the back and opposite side from the shower to fill the gaps. The customer is now complaining that the trim holds a bit of water after showering and they want us to remove the tiles/trim and raise the tiles up to sit level with the top of the trim. I don't think they understand entirely how tile trim works, i.e. it covers the cut edges. I've suggested using a squeegee like most of our customers do in shower areas.

I've told them if they believe this is a genuine cause for complaint that we should get an independent chartered surveyor in to assess our installation as I do not believe they are being reasonable any more. We will then make good any issues they pick up on. Other than that we still expect to be paid within 4 days or we will send out a letter before action. Does that sound reasonable? We are currently owed £964.32p .

Last edited:
why didnt you get a 1700 x 700mm bath?

I would approach this a lot differently but then I am a mug and would get walked over like a dirty old rug left out in the garden!!

My advice is go and see him, chat about the issue and explain why it is like this!! usually helps for me!!

Luckily due to my size I rarely get none payers or people mouthing off, but the couple of times they have, like when I've been attacked by social housing custards, I have smacked them up without thinking about it. I have no time and a severe lack of patience, I'm not really a people person. I think I'm in the wrong game :)

Luckily due to my size I rarely get none payers or people mouthing off, but the couple of times they have, like when I've been attacked by social housing custards, I have smacked them up without thinking about it. I have no time and a severe lack of patience, I'm not really a people person. I think I'm in the wrong game :)

I literally laughed out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Could I have just parted company with the most aggressive customer ever? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back