Currently reading:
Connecting on to plastic pipe

Discuss Connecting on to plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey if connecting on to 15mm plastic pipe do you need to use the same brand of fittings as the pipe? I have a tap to swap that will involve connecting on to 15mm plastic which I believe is speedfit. Is it best to use the same brand connector i.e a speedfit socket going to copper on the over side of the socket. I usually use polyplumb.

same make fitting isn't as essential as the insert for the pipe. external diameter is all the same, internal is slightly different hence need for the correct insert

Thanks can I also ask. Is it usually ok to re-use speed fit fittings? Am thinking of pulling the speedfit pipe out of one branch of a speedfit tee and then putting copper in that branch. It's either that or put a speedfit socket on the pipe after the tee, and go to copper from that. As I said I haven't used speedfit much before.

Watch a tutorial on u tube shows how fitting is removed and checked. Spit on copper and shove it reet in. DO NOT saw end of tube use a slice as it leaves a nice beveled edge to protect rubber in fitting

Thanks so you think if the fittings got speedfit in it maybe ok to pull the plastic out and put copper in? Thanks I'll have a look on youtube.

Watch a tutorial on u tube shows how fitting is removed and checked. Spit on copper and shove it reet in. DO NOT saw end of tube use a slice as it leaves a nice beveled edge to protect rubber in fitting

Wish I had the ability to spit as you get older it is more like a dribble so tend to use silicone grease but man the feeling of a finger in the pot makes the whole day so worthwhile !!!!!!!!

On another note watch out for squirrels they love speedfit fittings somewhere I have a stop end that caused some 60 k worth of damage when they decided to havs a feast in the loft of an old cottage !
On the upside the owners really did deserve it could not have happened to nicer people !

And no I did not buy or release the squirrell into their loft space !
I paid someone else silly boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting on to plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock