Currently reading:
Co/co2 ratio

Discuss Co/co2 ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Sooo...

Let's say you go do a gas safety and the boiler has the following readings on the analyser:

Co: 346
Co2: 10.8
Ratio: 0.0032

Would you

A) AR it
B) pass it and recommend a service
C) pass it with no recommendations
D) ID it

There is no requirement, but I have an analyser so I use it. It personally makes me feel a lot happier when I know how the appliance is burning. I cant see a reason why you wouldn't check seeing as you have the equipment to do so, it could pick up a problem not immediately obvious to the eye.

There is no requirement, but I have an analyser so I use it. It personally makes me feel a lot happier when I know how the appliance is burning. I cant see a reason why you wouldn't check seeing as you have the equipment to do so, it could pick up a problem not immediately obvious to the eye.

I don't like lying awake at night so I check every boiler I can..

if theres a port use an fga if no port do it old school

i would like to see you hanging out a third floor flat window with your analyser hanging on to a gw ultimate flue!
one and all or not at all? its no good re writing the rules for a 25 year old boiler when computers wasnt even heard of let alone analysers!

sorry luv you need new boiler, its above 350ppm..

[video=youtube_share;AJQ3TM-p2QI]https://youtu.be/AJQ3TM-p2QI?t=16[/video]

Because there's no requirement, and no reason. Flame picture, burner pressure, gas rating. It's been ok for over twenty years! And it hasn't stopped being ok.

Why would you not test the flue integrity and the fan is spinning well enough if you can and it takes 2 mins longer? I guess it all comes down to the era in the gas industry you came through. If I can I will fga a boiler I will there is even options to fga bbu's and cookers so why not if it ensures end users safety and covers your backside?

i would like to see you hanging out a third floor flat with your analyser hanging on to a gw ultimate flue!
one and all or not at all?

[video=youtube_share;AJQ3TM

Well obviously I wouldn't hang out of a window, I would get a scaffold and include it in the price.......
If I can analyse a boiler, then I will. I honestly don't know why you wouldn't. It may not be a requirement and the technology may not have been around when the boiler was made, but it is now so why not utilise this great new tool that has been invented and do a couple of further checks on a boiler service? 20 years ago you would have had to chat to other plumbers down the merchants, now computers are around and you are doing it on a Sunday evening while you are probably sat on your sofa. Its all about embracing new technology.

Roll on retirement, the worlds gone mad.
I'm going to buy a Hyundai, and take a drive around at 15 mph. From 7am until 9am.

whats the allowable ppm on a ballanced flue, say an ultimate with intact flue, good flame pic and correct gas rate?

whats the allowable ppm on a ballanced flue, say an ultimate with intact flue, good flame pic and correct gas rate?

I would work of 0.0040 ratio and 0.0080 after a full strip and clean. If its good enough for British Gas, then that works for me.

I would work of 0.0040 ratio and 0.0080 after a full strip and clean. If its good enough for British Gas, then that works for me.

You'd better power flush it while your there then.

i would like to see you hanging out a third floor flat with your analyser hanging on to a gw ultimate flue!
one and all or not at all?

[video=youtube_share;AJQ3TM

Well obviously I wouldn't hang out of a window, I would get a scaffold and include it in the price.......
If I can analyse a boiler, then I will. I honestly don't know why you wouldn't. It may not be a requirement and the technology may not have been around when the boiler was made, but it is now so why not utilise this great new tool that has been invented and do a couple of further checks on a boiler service? 20 years ago you would have had to chat to other plumbers down the merchants, now computers are around and you are doing it on a Sunday evening while you are probably sat on your sofa. Its all about embracing new technology.[/QUOTE]

Blimey, a £300 plus service....bet the customer would go with someone cheaper....

I charge £350 for a standard service, no way am I giving a discount when also providing scaffolding.....

You'd better power flush it while your there then.

I was thinking more magnaclean and co detector on this one, gets boring always selling power flushes. May also try and get them to switch the electricity supplier to BG though, even more commission then.

Again blimey, So a service from you can cost past 700 plus with a scaffold...in a domestic dwelling....

Again blimey, So a service from you can cost past 700 plus with a scaffold...in a domestic dwelling....

No it was a joke based on the ridiculous claim that anyone would hang out of a window just to analyse a boiler. My point being, if the terminal is accessible and you have a new excellent piece of equipment in which you can do further checks on how its burning and checking the integrity of the flue seals then why would you not undertake these test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Co/co2 ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock