Discuss Can an uninstalled shower pump be tested? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all. Five years ago a new (undersized) shower water pump was removed after a few attempts to try and get it to work and a larger one was successfully installed. I’ve kept the original pump and am hoping someone might advise if it might work after all this time or more importantly , is it possible to test it while uninstalled? Thank you in advance.

Yes just use a bucket and drill some holes in the bottom and connect to the pump

1661256898175.jpeg
1661256898175.jpeg

I have done. Think I should have posted it to your post.
Thanks, you might post a close up photo of the label just to the left of Turbo 2 which should give the flowrate and pump head in l/min and bar, maybe 1.5bar, if not, it will be written somewhere inside in the manual.

Shaun was answering your original question re testing un installed.
Get a plastic bucket and drill/cut two holes just big enough to take two hose connections (together), I think its the two that are connected at the pump ends but check this out in the manual, connect a power supply (3 pin plug and extension lead should be OK) keep the bucket full of water and just briefly run the pump for a few seconds or so., this will prove that the pump isn't seized up but not its performance.

Thanks, you might post a close up photo of the label just to the left of Turbo 2 which should give the flowrate and pump head in l/min and bar, maybe 1.5bar, if not, it will be written somewhere inside in the manual.

Shaun was answering your original question re testing un installed.
Get a plastic bucket and drill/cut two holes just big enough to take two hose connections (together), I think its the two that are connected at the pump ends but check this out in the manual, connect a power supply (3 pin plug and extension lead should be OK) keep the bucket full of water and just briefly run the pump for a few seconds or so., this will prove that the pump isn't seized up but not its performance.

The outwards ones eg in your pic they have couplings on them

Can you activate the reed switch with a magnet on this pump? After standing idle for 5yrs I would expect the bearings to have a small "flat spot" which would increase the noise and vibration of the pump when installed and shorten the lfe span.

Can you activate the reed switch with a magnet on this pump? After standing idle for 5yrs I would expect the bearings to have a small "flat spot" which would increase the noise and vibration of the pump when installed and shorten the lfe span.
Thank you all very much for all your advice on my problem. As to this latest post I have a VERY powerful magnet, but do not know where the reed switch is located, nor what opening it would achieve. Please understand you are helping an idiot.

Reply to Can an uninstalled shower pump be tested? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back