Currently reading:
Britony combi SE

Discuss Britony combi SE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej-ay

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys got called out to a boiler giving issues as usual...boiler looks old and time for a change...issues was the boiler was going to 70 80 and then cutting out,,,PCB was replaced and the problem continued... The fan pump working fine...heres what happens when you call for heat, the burner comes alight but the piezo ticking doesnt stop but carries on tills the burners goes out...please experienced folks i needed your valueable input....thanks:wink_smile::wink_smile::wink_smile: suspect the gas valve, falme rectification or the solenoids this boiler had three....so far they are the suspect so i need your direction...anyone tackled similar problem before on this boiler...:banghead:

The solenoids on this boiler are a problem but I dont think its causing your fault it usually stops the burner lighting

Flame rectification, burner, B.P

so you changed the pcb first interesting do you own a multi meter and are you gas safe? if so whats your number?

ASMAN i am Gas safe and these forum is here to help one another tackle problems we experience...i imagine you have a vast experience i'd really appreciate your help...ive got my gas safe number but even if i didnt you can still share your experience...whats your gas number GASMAN?

ASMAN i am Gas safe and these forum is here to help one another tackle problems we experience...i imagine you have a vast experience i'd really appreciate your help...ive got my gas safe number but even if i didnt you can still share your experience...whats your gas number GASMAN?
my number does not matter i already passed that one as i am in the gsr only forum,and i dont ask for advice but you are,no number no talky matey

Last edited by a moderator:
ej-ay pm your GS number to admin dave or dan and you will have access to the private GS section, and everything can be discussed

I agree with you ecowarm, but that said it's all been said above so, if the board was changed make sure the rectification cables are terminated correctly in the board. If you know what your doing there's plenty to go on with all the above info. Not being funny or anything, but even if you are qualified this board is viewable by anyone in the future :wink_smile:

ok how do i discuss in private GS Chambers...lovingit....we family

so we all agree that is the rectification cables that is the problem......?

neither of those numbers are showing as valid but that could e on gas safes part i would check with them pm your details to dave or dan to gain access into the gsr forum not trying to be difficult bud but this is a gas safety question

GASMAN no offence taking, just trying to get a job done as safely as i can, and has i was taught if you dont know ask seek advice..instead of guessing, and that's what i am doing here. thanks

Loving your tenacity gasman :)

ej-ay ... I do not agree that it's deffo the leads, either. There is a process to work through that'll lead you to the correct diagnosis. However it requires some level of competence to carry out regardless of whether you are GSR or not. this forum is open to anyone and therefore limited in the advice you can offer safely! Once you're accepted into the GSR only area we can get a bit more technical ... :)

By the way if you go back to the first rules in diagnostics you may find the cause or eliminate one of the first things you verify ... IMHO :)

Loving your tenacity gasman :)

ej-ay ... I do not agree that it's deffo the leads, either. There is a process to work through that'll lead you to the correct diagnosis. However it requires some level of competence to carry out regardless of whether you are GSR or not. this forum is open to anyone and therefore limited in the advice you can offer safely! Once you're accepted into the GSR only area we can get a bit more technical ... :)

By the way if you go back to the first rules in diagnostics you may find the cause or eliminate one of the first things you verify ... IMHO :)

Hi Diamond gas i do i get to join the GRS... i understand the level of safety working with gas and i would like advice when not sure of diagnosis...it's safer and you learn from it...So i still need your opinion i haven't got nothing to hide i am legal to work on gas in the UK.:D:D

ive just rang GSR and i spoke to someone there and the mistake arises when you put my gas safe register number on the check a Gas Engineer, but if you put my reg no: on the Check for Gas Business it will come up otherwise you can call up and verify... Hope you'll be satisfied with it by then thanks:wink5:

Hi Diamond gas i do i get to join the GRS... i understand the level of safety working with gas and i would like advice when not sure of diagnosis...it's safer and you learn from it...So i still need your opinion i haven't got nothing to hide i am legal to work on gas in the UK.:D:D

Hi ej-ay ... The issue, in my opinion, doesn't lie with your credibility, it's more with the info that can be placed here for anyone to read. At least in the GSR forum you have a greater degree of comfort knowing that you're posts will be read by those vetted!

When you're dealing with flame ignition then safety critical components will most likely need checking. If I'm advising you to strip down a burner or dismantle a flue, for example, in an open forum that anyone can read, that has the potential for disaster and best kept for the eyes of those qualified IMHO Some of the possible reasons for the fault you mention could well mean you having to check and verify/adjust safety related components ... :D:D

I'm sure once you're accepted into the GSR only section this thread can be moved their and the assistance will continue :)

Hi ej-ay ... The issue, in my opinion, doesn't lie with your credibility, it's more with the info that can be placed here for anyone to read. At least in the GSR forum you have a greater degree of comfort knowing that you're posts will be read by those vetted!

When you're dealing with flame ignition then safety critical components will most likely need checking. If I'm advising you to strip down a burner or dismantle a flue, for example, in an open forum that anyone can read, that has the potential for disaster and best kept for the eyes of those qualified IMHO Some of the possible reasons for the fault you mention could well mean you having to check and verify/adjust safety related components ... :D:D

I'm sure once you're accepted into the GSR only section this thread can be moved their and the assistance will continue :)

i see ok thanks again...i'd register with the GSR forum then and when accepted this .ej-ay:43:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Britony combi SE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock