Currently reading:
Bosch Multitool packed up

Discuss Bosch Multitool packed up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
My Bosch Mulitmaster has packed up, for months now it kept going off while in use and had to be banged on the floor to resart it and now it wont start at all.

Does anyone know if this is a known problem with them and how to fix it? I've had a quick look inside and didn't see anything obvious.

I really need it working again as its one of my favorite tools.

If you have to bang it on the floor to get going surely you need to ask if there is a known problem
Ps the Fein is far better

I'll have another look this weekend inside the thing, I think it may be the variable speed control, if so I'll try and bypass it and use it on full pelt.

If not I'll have to buy the 'proper' Fein version. :crazy:

NO offence mate but it tells ya if it do not work unless it needs a clout

Any ways the variable speed control does seem to be made from chocolate as we discussed it at my local merchant the other week

It still must be in garauntee though

I think I will ring Bosch technical in a minute, strangly though I was fitting a P shaped bath panel this afternoon and I really needed to use it to notch the panel for the skirting and to keep slicing bits off it (ARGH!!! I hate these panels), I kept taking the panel to the garage to cut it and managed to get the Bosch cutter to work but it kept cutting out. With the hot sun bearing down on me and loads of other stuff to do I lost my temper and threw it down hard onto the floor with a verbal outburst. It sprang into life and stayed on for the rest of the day!

I bought it for £49 just under 2 years ago.

I've just phoned Bosch technical and they were very helpful, they said as long as you have the receipt to say its not over 2 years old then it will be collected tomorrow and returned in a few days fixed.

Better get upstairs and find that receipt, you can bet though it will be the only one thats missing.

Found it. :cheesy:

Last edited:
Yeah mine got wet once, and started playing up. I dried it out, and its been fine since.

The Fein ones might be better, but they're also two or three times more money. If Bosch are going to repair a shagged out two year old one, and send it back fixed then I think when mine does give up the Ghost I'll buy another Bosch.

It's only a diy'ers tool really (green Bosch) but its a shame about the dodgy speed control, I imagine the problem has been fixed in the later models though.

Personally like Bosch tools.

I've been trying to kill my old Bosch SDS for ages now, but it doesn't seem to matter how much abuse I give it, the damn thing won't die. Its like a cockroach.

I have the fein, which packed up after about 15 months, out of guarantee. It was the gearing which smashed, so needed virtually a whole new body - £130 for total repair.

Its a fantastic tool, despite my disappointment in how long it lasted. Regarding my use it was light, but to fair to fein, I did take the micky with the blades. I am a bit tight fisted and begrudged changing the blades often because they are about £20 each or more. So this might account for its life-span.

Never been a fan of Bosch myself - always been a Makiata man! I do have a really old Black and Decker mounted on my bench in the workshop (the industrial range before they took over dewalt and stopped making B&D industrial tools). I abuse it no end and it just keeps going on and on!

These Saxton blades fit the Bosch and the old style Fein, buy 10 and they work out at £3.60 each.

Might be worth a look, has anyone used these? You can buy an adaptor on Ebay to allow them to be used on the new model Fein.10x35mm Fein Multimaster, Bosch Multitool blades | eBay

I'm seriously considering just buying a Fein now, I've got a big job next week where I'll really need one and Bosch's courier Fed Ex never turned up, decisions, decisions.........

While the Bosch all rounder was away I bought myself a Fein, at £200 they are not cheap but certainly are a lot better made. It feels solid and is far heavier than the Bosch. Comes in a massive orange suitcase which is too big for the van so I keep it loose, stashed away out of sight with my company name and postcode melted into it with a soldering iron.

Bosch sent back a brand new all rounder in a sealed case and everything so I'm going to sell it for £60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch Multitool packed up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock