Currently reading:
Best programmable room thermostat

Discuss Best programmable room thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tab0fish-112

Hi
Just need opinions on a good programmable rt. I need 7 day or 2/5 day with a battery backup. Cheers

The salus rep told me there warenty starts from the date of fitting the product.

thanks ray, does seem pointless. rang them once but didn't get a logical answer lol

The salus rep told me there warenty starts from the date of fitting the product.

A tricky date to establish, unless it is itemised on your invoice to the customer.

To be honest, its a bit academic. I can't imagine quibbling with a customer over something so petty. Control return rates are pretty tiny - about 1% on hard wired and just over 2% on RF. The vast majority of those fail on installation, or in the first couple of days.

I bet less than one in ten which fails, does so within a month or so of the warranty expiry date, so thats one or two out of a thousand sold. Why risk upsetting a customer for a lousy one in a thousand?

If a merchant argues with you about the exact date (assuming its close) then change your merchant. :)

(I just know that a customer is going to come in tomorrow with 100 faulty controls that were purchased 13 months ago...)

Last edited by a moderator:
why do salus have 5 on/offs ?

I use loads of Salus's.
Yes, we had the s*tty ones that gave me a few headaches so I stopped using them (after 3 faulties), but then the problem was sorted, the mk2 was released and I went back to them as they are cheaper, and work well if setup correctly.

the 5 on offs are to enable you to change the frequency of the RF signal. I ALWAYS change the default frequency as it stops it getting interference from the wifi or Dect phones in my experience!!! (or it saves me a return visit to sort out why the heating keeps coming on for no reason..! )

to change the frequency,( first turn the reciever switch to OFF)

in default mode all switches are on. on the reciever unit. Pick a random two switches , for example 2 and 4, and set these to off. So - 1 = ON , 2 = OFF , 3= ON, 4 = OFF, 5 = ON

Now go to the wireless sender unit and on the reverse of it you will see a set of jumpers labelled 1 -5 (theres a few different ones above just ignore them). There will be a black plastic jump on all of them 1 - 5.
using long nose pliers, remove the jumpers from numbers 2 and 4. (making them off to match the reciever).

Now turn the reciever back on, use a paperclip to press reset on the wireless sender unit. Setup program times.

Job done, channel changed.

i mean 5 time switching points not jumpers for changing frequency ie On Off On Off ON ?

Been put right off the salus gear, had a load of issues. Tried the sauter controls a couple of months ago, no issues, yet, and liked the gear.

I can't imagine quibbling with a customer over something so petty...

...If a merchant argues with you about the exact date (assuming its close) then change your merchant. :)...

...I just know that a customer is going to come in tomorrow with 100 faulty controls that were purchased 13 months ago...

I knew I was tempting fate with this. And now it has come back to bite me on the bum!

Just had a customer on the phone, who shall remain nameless (but you know who you are, Mark from Aldershot!)

He was complaining about the syphon that he bought "a few months ago", and only fitted recently.

We checked. Unless he bought it somewhere else, that syphon has been knocking round his van since June 2009. No wonder the thing is knackered.

Still, we credited his £4.69 + VAT. I put it down to the gods punishing me for writing silly things on the internet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew I was tempting fate with this. And now it has come back to bite me on the bum!

Just had a customer on the phone, who shall remain nameless (but you know who you are, Mark from Aldershot!)

He was complaining about the syphon that he bought "a few months ago", and only fitted recently.

We checked. Unless he bought it somewhere else, that syphon has been knocking round his van since June 2009. No wonder the thing is knackered.

Still, we credited his £4.69 + VAT. I put it down to the gods punishing me for writing silly things on the internet. :)

If Mark from Adershot is a decent sort, he will be singing your praises re such excellent after-sales service, which should be cheap advertising for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best programmable room thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock