Currently reading:
Baxi 80 Eco - nightmare !!

Discuss Baxi 80 Eco - nightmare !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Brief description of job : on demand boiler fires up, ignition continues to spark for 8 seconds once burner is lift. Burner stays on for no longer than a minute tops, just drops out no reset light on or anything.

changed flame rect probe an lead an ignition probe, same dance (couldn't get a spark lead).

had checked polarity at board, gas wp at valve an resistance top 2 1.6 - good, bottom 2.8 good.

fitted new board, same dance but noticed that lead began to short out everywhere on burner etc...

went out an got one of similar boiler, the same problem baxi said get a new one, rectification ain't happening..

went miles out me way, come back an now all the boiler is doing is pump running an proving switch making..

no continuity at aps, fan resticance 40 which is ok..

going back tomorrow with an aps tomorrow an hoping to good it works !! Lost a day on this more or less...

im thinking I could even have a dodgy pcb, it has put years on me this one

U want a pcb ? Got one removed a working 80 today! What parts u fitted. Have you called Baxi technical they can help . 01926 411864 its the sales team.... Ask to be out through to tech. Lot cheaper than 0845!!

Yeah been ringing that one, they can't explain it... They are going out, I give up. Stuck with a board now

Gutted. Pcb will fit 105? And alpha 240 I think? Two reliable boilers who's fan relays never burn out.

Don't know the inns an outs, but baxi went out Tuesday an the last I heard they had fitted 5 parts an still not working.

The only old part I left in was the board, managed to send the board back which helped

scared me for life that one

Did you find out what happend jan? I went to one yesterday fireing up for minute and half and dropping out only pump runs does it on hot water and heating divertor clear plate clear gets red hot on the flow comeing down nothing hardly leaves the boiler it's a head scratcher!

I'm thinking it's got to be main heat exchanger blocked and can't shift the heat quick enough

and you get the easy ones, 105he, cycling on and off, wandered up to it, pushed the ionisation lead on properly where it had slipped off when the custard had been poking around and wrote out a bill for a not unsubstantial sum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 80 Eco - nightmare !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock