Search the forum,

Discuss Attention Northerners! Heading up the A1/A66, where to visit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TBServices

Me and the missus are heading from Leeds to Appleby on the edge of the lakes/Scottish borders, but need a place to stop/visit before we can check in on Tuesday. Any recommendations for nice places to stop along our route?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You'll have to strip to the waist and ride a horse through a river up there to blend in with all the gypsies that go there every year.

Look up South Lakes Wild Animal Park, it's a great day out, more so if you have kids. All the animals like Lemurs walk about freely and the big cats like tigers are housed in natural enclosures. Feeding time is amazing watching these big cats. You can even hand feed a giraffe!

Best zoo I've ever been to.

South Lakes Wild Animal Park

Possibly too far out of the way but Newcastle is wonderful (in my opinion).

Could head into Darlington, then straight down A67 to Barnard Castle then drop onto A66 onto Appleby.

About a 20 mile detour, but Beamish museum is interesting

Beamish, The Living Museum of the North

If you go, you can marvel at the period plumbing and iron pipework in the houses (my lass thinks I'm really sad when I go round looking at stuff like that when we visit places)

Last edited:
Thanks for the (sensible) replies lol.

Went to beamish as a kid years ago and loved it. We're both into wildlife so will probably go to the animal park, it looks good. My brother used to live in Darlo, and never spoke highly of the place lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I was working in Gateshead, they said that anyone south of Sheffield was a "southerner"

today is monday.
hope your on your way to blackpool, or maybe you are allready in one of our fabulous b & b's.
you only have to watch 999 whats your emergency to see what a great place i live in.
but as a sensible tourist highly reccomended as a scrot watch situation. hide well and be carefull. above all - try to blend in !
somebody asks you for a ***, fall over and pretend your drunk. somebody asks you to help them find something under south pier - tell them 20 quid. they should go away.. if your lucky. - you might want to say 25 just in case.
sunny blackpool, illuminations and everything you desire.
vomit smiley. x

I was in a pub in Falmouth , Cornwall and a local asked me where I was from ;
Barnsley I said
Bradford ? he said
No Barnsley
Bradford ? he said
No BARNSLEY
Bradford ? he said
BAAARRRNNNLLLEEEYYY I said
Bradford ? he said
Yes I said

Yep, that was the highlight of my last visit to England, visiting the animals........at Old Trafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Attention Northerners! Heading up the A1/A66, where to visit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock