Discuss Advertising Scam WARNING in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just had a call from a company claiming to be called Vision Group working on behalf of a charity called FFFC (forester fund for children). They offer to run an advert in a free charity raising business directory for a reasonable fee .

They sound very legit and the offer sounds good.

DO NOT AGREE

They are fraudulent, I didn't commit to purchasing before checking them out and found various threads on different forums relating to this organisation who also go under the name of 'Vardis' . They send you a copy of the so called magazine but it is never actually published further than sent to your door. Then require payment. If you don't pay they do send you letters from balliffs etc and hassle you on the telephone day in day out.

I've reported it to action fraud so that I have proof that I didn't order as some people have been sent invoices even after not agreeing.

Scum...

Just thought you should get a heads up.

Last edited:
Cheers sam, i had same earlier this year good job i didnt agree, told them where to go lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest i'm not surprised people have been stung, it all sounds really legitimate. They phoned back a few days later and I said I wasn't interested and that I'd seen what they were all about and the bloke didn't hang up or anything, he sounded genuinely confused so i'm not even sure if he knows it's a con. Either that or he's a good actor, but I told him to shove it.

To be honest i'm not surprised people have been stung, it all sounds really legitimate. They phoned back a few days later and I said I wasn't interested and that I'd seen what they were all about and the bloke didn't hang up or anything, he sounded genuinely confused so i'm not even sure if he knows it's a con. Either that or he's a good actor, but I told him to shove it.

I got a call from them last week,but i told them to send me a email don't thing it was sent if it did it went in my bin:hurray::hurray:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advertising Scam WARNING in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock