Discuss 30Kw v 35Kw running costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will a 35Kw boiler use a lot more than a 30Kw? Only two bathrooms in 4 bed house but need a good hw flow to fill a bath each day.

Will a 35Kw boiler use a lot more than a 30Kw? Only two bathrooms in 4 bed house but need a good hw flow to fill a bath each day.

Well I agree you should leave the sizing to your installer, but to A the Q...

If it's a combi then in theory, ceteris paribus, they will use exactly the same amount of gas to warm a given volume of water - your bath! - the same amount but the 35KW one will do it faster. In practice they will use roughly the same amount.

For heating, it will depend how well they modulate down to supply the steady-state few KW that you house will need. This will be far below the peak output of either the 35KW or the 30KW so, again, I'd say it will be about the same.

Anyone disagree strongly?

If it's a combi then in theory, ceteris paribus, they will use exactly the same amount of gas to warm a given volume of water - your bath! - the same amount but the 35KW one will do it faster. In practice they will use roughly the same amount.

For heating, it will depend how well they modulate down to supply the steady-state few KW that you house will need. This will be far below the peak output of either the 35KW or the 30KW so, again, I'd say it will be about the same.

Spot on !!
Just to add that we are finding a lot of people putting in these large (heating boilers) thinking that all will be alright because they will modulate down only to find that the control within the boiler mean it is shutting down & holding of firing (anti-cycling) because the system can not carry way the heat. There is no excuse not to select the correctly sized boiler for the job, apart from anything else they cost more !!!! Does anyone else see this problem with the larger boilers ???

Firstly... I'm very impressed with the latin Wheeto !

Correct boiler sizing is important, and I think it's totally right for the OP to ask these questions and NOT blindly leave it to the installer... if the suggested sizing is correct the installer should have no problems in explaining it to the OP. That's what I would expect to do anyway...

Oh, that's what it was !!!! I only just about managed English at my school, they wouldn't let us do foreign languages. LOL

Are you after a combi ??? because the heat load should be calculated & boiler selection based on that if not.

Yes it will be a wall mounted combi, I would hate to settle for the smaller output if at some stage later I found that it was a bit slow to fill the bath, that's why I asked the question really.
I was recommended a 30Kw some months ago but just want to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 30Kw v 35Kw running costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back