Discuss 18 volt sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive always used a 24v bosch the one with the slide on battery good for 7 or eight years will drill anything and mine used to get a lot of use now ive got a screwfix heap of carp looks similar but all noise and no go they dont make them anymore but this looks like the li on version Bosch GBH36VF-LISC SDS-Plus Hammer Drill

I'm still loving my ryobi 18v gear. I use and abuse those drills every day and they haven't let me down. Batteries last well and are cheap to replace if needed.
I have the torch and radio.
Drill, impact (more torque than my milwaukee) jigsaw which is ****ty tbh, circular saw I have burned out.
Sds drill, recip saw.

It's all pretty good apart from the circ saw which burned out but got a replacement under warranty.and the chuck doesn't hold drill bits too well anymore on the combi drill

How do you find the Sds seems to lack a bit of power to me.

Overall cheap as chips and is adequate for the job

How do you find the vac? Is it powerful enough for catchment spaces? And light? Does the drill cope twin 24mm drills in 9 inch walls?
Have the multi tool and 2 vacs (came as a set) they work well

I have the torch and radio.
Drill, impact (more torque than my milwaukee) jigsaw which is ****ty tbh, circular saw I have burned out.
Sds drill, recip saw.

It's all pretty good apart from the circ saw which burned out but got a replacement under warranty.and the chuck doesn't hold drill bits too well anymore on the combi drill

How do you find the Sds seems to lack a bit of power to me.

Overall cheap as chips and is adequate for the job

I love the little radio much easier than carting the dewalt one in. I use the sds for fixing up rads and pipe clips. If I'm putting 22mm holes through or larger I'll use a makita core drill, cuts a cleaner hole. The impact driver is great. And to be honest I wasn't expecting the batteries to last very long but they're still going strong. Great value stuff. I don't need a shiny drill with a big name, I'm more interested in earning money.

Have anyone seen the new makita radios. Look very cool

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you find the vac? Is it powerful enough for catchment spaces? And light? Does the drill cope twin 24mm drills in 9 inch walls?

Sds is better than the old 24v I had before and that didn't have a problem with 25mm drill bits vac is good don't carry a mains vac now

ive always used a 24v bosch the one with the slide on battery good for 7 or eight years will drill anything and mine used to get a lot of use now ive got a screwfix heap of carp looks similar but all noise and no go they dont make them anymore but this looks like the li on version Bosch GBH36VF-LISC SDS-Plus Hammer Drill

Very good drill easy drill a 32mm hole even used to core for a flue before now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 18 volt sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back