Discuss Vailant ecotec pro 28 pressure in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello.

I’ve lived in the property for 4 years and anytime the pressure got low (0.8 bar) I would use the fill taps to release more water into the system. Ever since British Gas did their annual boiler check about 3 months ago, I’ve had to do this too up method more and more. My pressure is now 1.8 bar which is too high but seems to lose pressure and need topping up every other day. I can’t see any leaks and the pressure reading isn’t changing so any ideas why I’m losing my hot water and heating until I let some more water into the system and then it fires straight back up?

Tbh better off calling a local gas safe engy out repair I think would be around £40 plus vat etc

So BG came round today and said 2.9 bar is ok!??!! I called back afterwards as that’s not what it says anywhere else and they are sending someone else tomorrow.

I drained the radiators and the reading was stuck at 1.7 bar so turned on the boiler without refilling as didn’t want to add more pressure. It made a lot of strange noises and smelled a bit funny but not of gas. I then checked the dial and it had zero pressure at all. I quickly filled it with some water from the full loop and it’s working again but worried I’ve done damage.

:D standard bg least they turned up I wouldn’t go off the digi guage go off a mechanical one

As the digi pressure sensor is fecked / blocked

Thanks, definitely a lesson learnt. Is it possible I’ve done damage starting it up with low pressure/hardly any water as believed it was at 1.7 bar? It made a real racket as though trying to flush water through and had a funny smell, not burning or gas though. I then filled with water but still not enough so made the same noise then I ended up filling up and seems ok now but worried it could have caused damage?

I’ve just turned it off now until BG come tomorrow.

Short term you are fine long term eg overheating sounds like an aircraft going over thumping and banging etc it would cause damage

Reply to Vailant ecotec pro 28 pressure in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back