Discuss Fast track gas course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Yeah your right harvest, he would be classed as cat3. Interestingly though it states op would have to complete minimum of 12 weeks on site training next to an enginner. Not the 7 quoted by op

How does that make sense. Surely he is category 3? The six months is for someone already qualified isn’t it?

That applies to all categories, have to have been on register for 6mnths before they will let you sit either cookers or fires from November 2018 onwards, I've double checked for myself as I started the course that month.

That applies to all categories, have to have been on register for 6mnths before they will let you sit either cookers or fires from November 2018 onwards, I've double checked for myself as I started the course that month.
So you are saying that a newly qualified engineer cannot service a gas fire or cooker? Can you post the proper link please mate

I would also advise met1. Just incase no one else has.
Thats a reason to query to the cost. If your not going to finish the course with all qualifications advertised then that should reflect in the cost of the course. I'd also wonder why a training centre isn't up to date with the current requirements regarding gas safe registration.

Doesn't seem like any of the training centres are altering their pricing. I asked as I just missed out on being able to do them but they wouldn't shift the price. Those starting couple weeks before me got the 2 extra qualifications for the same price which was annoying

So you are saying that a newly qualified engineer cannot service a gas fire or cooker? Can you post the proper link please mate

Just had quick look on the site for the firm I'm training with:

I've cut out the relevant bits:

The Nationally Accredited Certification Scheme (ACS) is being updated* to ensure installers are experienced before they add to their existing training.

From the 1st October 2018, candidates will have to prove that they have been on the Gas Safety Register for at least six months in order to:

• Extend Scope: Moving from one sector to another e.g. Domestic to Commercial, Catering or LPG changeover.
  • Extend Range: Remaining within the sector but adding additional appliances or modules e.g. holding CCN1 & CENWAT and adding Fires (HTR1) or Cookers (CKR1).
Which courses does this affect?

New Entrants

Domestic Gas Heating Installer – New Entrants Package

Domestic Gas Heating Installer – Experienced Trades MLP

Here's the link to the full bit:ACS Gas Changes 2018 – What you need to know? - Logic4training

Will be surprised if you do. Sounds like coda wallop to me

If you check out the link in my previous post it specifically notes:
"Please note: These changes are nationwide and are not coming from Logic4training. All training centres in the UK will have to adhere to the new requirements."

It does seem ridiculous, have heard a couple of different theories off tutors as to the thinking behind it. Some think its part of tightening up on these fast track courses, they want you to spend your first 6 months working on boilers as they see them as less risky than cookers & fires. Others think its to make it harder for people to do these fast track course and then just do landlord certs without having any real hands on experience.

If you check out the link in my previous post it specifically notes:
"Please note: These changes are nationwide and are not coming from Logic4training. All training centres in the UK will have to adhere to the new requirements."

It does seem ridiculous, have heard a couple of different theories off tutors as to the thinking behind it. Some think its part of tightening up on these fast track courses, they want you to spend your first 6 months working on boilers as they see them as less risky than cookers & fires. Others think its to make it harder for people to do these fast track course and then just do landlord certs without having any real hands on experience.
But most properties have a boiler cooker and fire. Here is a link I just looked at and it say nothing.
New Entry Level Category 3 ACS Domestic Gas Safety Training Courses in Hull blended Hull Gas Training Hull Ltd | Emagister

But most properties have a boiler cooker and fire. Here is a link I just looked at and it say nothing.
New Entry Level Category 3 ACS Domestic Gas Safety Training Courses in Hull blended Hull Gas Training Hull Ltd | Emagister

Yep, so doing landlord certs won't be an option for the first 6 months on the register, you're basically limited to boiler installs, repairs & servicing.

Here's another one:

Major changes those undertaking Gas Training Courses NEED to know about

1.IGEM Gas Management Learning Programme - Consisting of...

• Gas Training at a recognised centre
  • Work Portfolio
  • Gaining the relevant awarding body training certificate
2.ACS Assessments

3.Registering with Gas safe

4.6 Months industry experience

5.Additional Appliance Assessments

The Difference

Prior to these changes, students would have been able to extend their appliance scope after completing their CCN1 Assessments but there was no requirement to be Gas Safe Registered to do such additional assessments.

As stated above, the new requirements have been put in place with the public's best interests in mind as it's argued many aspiring Gas Engineer's simply are not competent enough to fully digest and apply their existing skills before extending their scope.

The above is an explanation another tutor gave us.

e2a: just edited the quote, i'd not copied & pasted the time line initially

Reply to Fast track gas course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock