Discuss What we all working on this week ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a insurance job to try and rescue a poorly installed quad shower the customer wants to save the tiling if possible and has a few spare so fingers crossed it may work , the loss adjuster allowed em £1500 that will just about cover materials. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191031-033038.png
    Screenshot_20191031-033038.png
    400.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20191031-033046.png
    Screenshot_20191031-033046.png
    420 KB · Views: 65
Currently doing a local charity shop/food bank. Cold feeds only as they're throwing a few water heaters in in place of a dedicated hot water supply. No idea what they're going to do for heating but I've got the first fix in and told them the water board will have to turn the main supply off while I install a new stop tap. They've since told me the shop is owned by the local housing firm who reckon it's their responsibility to turn the water off in the street.

After digging out the sediment and crap I realised it was impossible for my stopcock key/bar thingy to turn it off as it's kind of offset with the access lid blocking my way. Told them they need to inform United Utilities that I'll be moving the water meter too so they can come and check it afterwards. I always thought the local water supplier was responsible in such cases. They just trying to dodge the £74 inspection bill or what? Not a problem to me but I suspect a bit of digging may be required so I can eventually fit this stopcock and get on with the job.

Anyone know the deal with this?

Thought so, don't know what the deal is with this charity effort. Cheers fella!

Currently doing a local charity shop/food bank. Cold feeds only as they're throwing a few water heaters in in place of a dedicated hot water supply. No idea what they're going to do for heating but I've got the first fix in and told them the water board will have to turn the main supply off while I install a new stop tap. They've since told me the shop is owned by the local housing firm who reckon it's their responsibility to turn the water off in the street.

After digging out the sediment and crap I realised it was impossible for my stopcock key/bar thingy to turn it off as it's kind of offset with the access lid blocking my way. Told them they need to inform United Utilities that I'll be moving the water meter too so they can come and check it afterwards. I always thought the local water supplier was responsible in such cases. They just trying to dodge the £74 inspection bill or what? Not a problem to me but I suspect a bit of digging may be required so I can eventually fit this stopcock and get on with the job.

Anyone know the deal with this?
I have always called the water supply company in as Shaun stated it's their stopcock and it needs to be accessable and useable, they rely on us to report these faults , if you have the bottle you could freeze the incoming main internally and fit a new stopcock and gain control ? Any pictures . Kop

Finishing off this today just needs colour enhancer at a later date and step inserts when the chippie gets done . Kop
Stair nosing trim added and cleaned down and started fitting this rad before being called away grrrr. Kop

Attachments

• PXL_20201118_154643879.jpg
    PXL_20201118_154643879.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20201118_154558618.jpg
    PXL_20201118_154558618.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20201118_152913678.jpg
    PXL_20201118_152913678.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 27

Reply to What we all working on this week ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock