Discuss Unica He 28 Code 10 Fixed In 15 mins By Gas Safe Professional in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm an electrician registered with the NICEIC. When it comes to protecting my job I have a hissy fit with all the DIYers out there. My boiler, a Vokera Unica He 28 had a recurring fault that would often be resolved by doing a reset. The problem was that it would attempt to start up then display code 10. Eventually, no amount of resetting would clear the code. I don't touch boilers (that's for the professionals with a gas safe registration) so I called a local guy who came the same day. He asked me to describe what the symptoms were and he tried to clear the code by de-powering the boiler for 5 mins. Turning it back on the boiler attempted to start and the fan was running but after 30 secs it shut down displaying a flashing code 10. He said he had seen this fault countless times, 10 minutes later after turning it back on again the boiler restarted....... Bingo ! He charged me £50 Happy Days ! Thinking back I remember that there were occasions when the boiler attempted start and when it finally did there was an audible boom from the combustion chamber. Obviously Always happy to sing the praises of the professionals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unica He 28 Code 10 Fixed In 15 mins By Gas Safe Professional in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Optimistic
Hi Guys - sorry but this is going to be a long post! Recently had some work done in my house to move a boiler, clean cold water tank and...
Replies
Views
Is this check just to turn on the hot water tap in the bathroom, keep the water running for a few minutes in order to see that the boiler is...
Replies
Views
I have my initial gas safe inspection coming up after successfully completing my ACS a few weeks ago - and, it's fair to say i'm slightly nervous...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have no previous experience in plumbing or any trade, however I am interested in training as a gas safe engineer. I am looking to do the...
Replies
Views
A couple of years ago, my mother moved house and paid an RGI to move her existing ca. 1981 Solaire New World cooker into her new house (there was...
Replies
Views
Back