Discuss Shower cold/warm - hot when flush tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can anyone help

My shower is warm, but when I flush the toilet or leave the cold tap on, if gets
Hotter. The temperature I imagine a shower should be.

How to fix this. Can anyone help

We would need a little more info than presently given to offer any kind of advice.

Primarily. What type of shower is it? Electric or Thermostatic?
Do you have a combi boiler or traditional hot water tank?

If your shower has a pressure balancing valve, it may need adjusting or replacing. This valve helps maintain a consistent water temperature even when there are changes in water pressure. Sometimes, cross connections between hot and cold water lines can cause temperature fluctuations. Ensure that there are no cross connections in your plumbing system, and if you suspect any, consult with a plumber to rectify the issue.

If it’s a thermostatic shower, it’s likely that it’s passing cold water into the hot supply which is reducing the temperature.

You likely need a new thermostatic cartridge.

If you turn off the hot supply to the bathroom with the dodgy shower and open a hot tap on the basin, do you get cold water? If you do it’s likely it’s passing through the shower cartridge to the basin.

While testing this leave the hot tap running on the basin and turn the temperature of the shower to fully hot and cold to see if this stops water. if so, shower cartridge definitely needs changing.

Reply to Shower cold/warm - hot when flush tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc)...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
HI Iam hoping someone can provide guidance on a heating problem. I have a (old) Ideal isar HE35 where there is no hot water for the 2 showers at...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock