Discuss Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is.

It is from a 1990s new build en-suite shower. The plastic cover plate is silver and, when you remove it, two screws go through the fixing plate and pull the trap up against the underneath of the shower tray. The black rubber seal fits between the base of the shower tray and the top of the trap. It looks grey in the photos as I reset the image gamma to show the detail.

As you can see, the seal has been rather mangled and I would rather like to get a replacement instead of using an adhesive like Stixall to provide the seal.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

top.jpg
below.jpg
side.jpg

shower.jpg

... and why didn't I just pour some drain unblocker down instead of deciding to see if I could get to the trap :-(

Reply to Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
I have installed 3 JT shower trays with the compatible JT90mm concealed wastes. I'm at the end of my tether the wastes always need plunging every...
Replies
Views
New shower tray and waste recently installed and thankfully have a cut out in ceiling below from when I was checking it's initial seal, when I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or...
Replies
Views
I’ve just come across the matter of ‘water seal’, which i’d previously never heard of. I’m currently in the process of fitting a new shower and so...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock