Currently reading:
web site bringing no business

Discuss web site bringing no business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
so we moved out of london to a village near Northampton and I had new website build and its number 1 on page 1 when you serch for a :

plumber in northampton ,

but I dont get any calls at all , had one call back in the summer and I earned £40 out of it .......

any views welcome ,web address is below ......

Plumber in Northampton Boiler Breakdown Service installation Repairs

do you get any business from websites ?

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty with work Stan.

Unfortunately I have no suggestions for you as the only advertising I do is through yell.com. Brought me a fair bit.

Just looked at checkatrade, nearest other to me is 9 miles away. Wondering if it might be worth a punt. How does advertising with them work?

Have you tried putting yourself on freeindex Stan?

No Tom , I have not register with any of them companies tbh , and I dont know how it works .....

Sorry stan I'm being thick. Are you living in Northampton but looking to work back in London? What part of London mate?

99% of my installs are Worcester and were fitting about 27 in the next 3 months. When I was there it was whatever was on offer in Plumb Center or one of the independent retailers.

Loads of C&M Brittony went in for landlords, I can't imagine any are still working now, but they did take us out to France on the beer!

As far as I know the building trade is on its backside there so hats bound to have a knock on effect, £120 a day isn't amazing.

Adam I have been going back in London ever since I have moved out of London . I have been everywhere to be honest and I am doing a gas run and a boiler service tomorrow in Wandsworth again . My work is mainly in Ruislip West London ....But then I have been in the north and north west of london .
I am happy to go back to London every day as I do understand that this is where the work is , but here is the place in Hackelton for my boy to go to primary school for the next 6 years

Free index is a free listings site, where the customer writes a description of what they want doing. Then the lead gets emailed/text to a select group of advertisers who then decide whether or not to follow up on the lead.

Yell.com cost me £150 per year and has brought me at least 4k worth of work, if not more.

There's a load of boiler changes going on in slough and Staines if you are interested mate? I can have a word at work if you want. Easy swaps, prices aren't life changing but its steady money.

london is only 45min drive on M1 which for me is not a big deal , however yes it does makes me tired but when I am working for my self I can finish work at 3pm and be in the van by 3:45pm and happy get home by 5pm (if there is not a accident on M1 )

99% of my installs are Worcester and were fitting about 27 in the next 3 months. When I was there it was whatever was on offer in Plumb Center or one of the independent retailers.

Loads of C&M Brittony went in for landlords, I can't imagine any are still working now, but they did take us out to France on the beer!

As far as I know the building trade is on its backside there so hats bound to have a knock on effect, £120 a day isn't amazing.

you have work booked up for the next 3 months up front !!!

That is amazing !!!

Well done

45 minutes to find the van! Where do you park it Stan? Milton Keynes :lol:

There's a load of boiler changes going on in slough and Staines if you are interested mate? I can have a word at work if you want. Easy swaps, prices aren't life changing but its steady money.

Cheers Adam , I will let you know about that contract !! Much appreciated it !
I thought you were never liking foreigners ?

Cheers Adam , I will let you know about that contract !! Much appreciated it !
I thought you were never liking foreigners ?

You are the exception stan! And I'd be checking your jobs after which would be fun for all the forum! In seriousness mate I've done a few of the slough installs and I've been finished by 1pm each time. Have a think mate.

I did a job this week for a chap who does web design etc.

Don't know much more than that but if you want I'll ask him if he can help you.

Nice chap, Indian, working for himself.

Let me know Stan.

You are the exception stan! And I'd be checking your jobs after which would be fun for all the forum! In seriousness mate I've done a few of the slough installs and I've been finished by 1pm each time. Have a think mate.

if you check my work after me you will never have a problem unless you will be asking for the left over materials or the scrap :) pmsl

if you check my work after me you will never have a problem unless you will be asking for the left over materials or the scrap :) pmsl

i will be doing the surveys too mate so we can make a deal on pipe and fittings!:biggrin:

If you need a hand for free I'd be happy to fetch and carry for you as I live in Langley and still trying to find someone to take me on jobs involving gas so I can get my gas safe in a year or so.

Anything I'd do. (Well maybe not anything!!) but I'm keen to do it and I can deal with custards being 43 yo!! So I can be trusted!!

do materials get delivered to site or is it a pick up from yard ? how much is a str combi swap ? or let say a heat only to combi ? what ever price you remember

No Tom , I have not register with any of them companies tbh , and I dont know how it works .....

Check a trade and checked and vetted will get u a few jobs for non streetwise punters. Quotes to compare can get u work . Just be careful which jobs u buy. £20 a go. Some time wasters on there. 60% success rate on jobs actually quoted. Only get jobs which want new boiler or ones that actually sound very much like new boiler ( get ones where timeframe is short- time wasters have 5 to 30 weeks)

do materials get delivered to site or is it a pick up from yard ? how much is a str combi swap ? or let say a heat only to combi ? what ever price you remember

Stan pm me your email address mate and I'll email you all the info on Monday mate. Not got the price list here and I know the prices have recently changed. All standard to standard swaps to mate. Gear picked up from local merchant to job, electrician to wire jobs up.

Oh dear. Mate I'm sorry to hear that. I know a bloke who uses a few gas engineers in London. He offered me work back in the summer at good money. I will ask him if he needs any work. My sister works for him as a project manager/go-for. He was desperate for GSI in the summer but I don't know now. I promise I will ask tomorrow.

Hi Stan. Haven't been able to get hold of Paul today. But I spoke to my sister who is going to ask him tomorrow.

Hi mate, my sister text me back today. I'm afraid they aren't after any one at the moment. She said she will call me if/when the situation changes. I know he was screaming for engineers back in the summer, and the money was good. So I will call you if anything changes.

Have you got van Stan? Pm me what you are interested in! How you would want it to work etc!! No promises but I am really busy at moment and could pass some your way depending on how you want to do it!! Would mean travelling to aylesbury though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to web site bringing no business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock