Currently reading:
wb24 non condensing

Discuss wb24 non condensing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
lat winter customer called pressure keep dropping,went round re fill the system to 1.5bar
fired boiler pressure goes up and prv opens up and let water out ! I then drained system fully down and check pressure in vessel was I think o.4 so I pumped it up to 1 bar ,then week later customer on the phone with same scenario ! this time I changed vessel and new prv !
this morning customer called pressure goes dawn ,no water out of the prv but says in the night some times water comes out of the shower (mix shower) even is been turned off fully ! no sign of wet marks any where in the house ! House is only two bedroom and bathroom !
Will I be wrong to suspect divertter unit has had it and water is passing by from c heating to cold water ??

they said water has been coming almost every night out just passed midnight (seems dodgy and scary ) I told them next time water burst out to check whether pressure has gone down ! I am planing to turn of flow and return and cold for one night from boiler to see if pressure is going dawn ,and see if water will come out of the shower after midnight ! sound silly but they are good people ! boiler was fitted by lady's uncle who has passed way and he was not corgy by the time !

Sounds very strange one mate never heard of water coming out of a shower when fully off unless cartridge gone but then will do it all time and nothing to do with heating
I'd put a bucket under shower head to catch the water and test it

doubt it has anything to do with the shower,leak else where in the house i have never had a diverter do this fault

Collect water with bucket from shower for volume. We have a rain water shower head and some nights it passes water from the pipework (about 2 metres to the valve). I believe this is just from air getting in through the head and allowing the water to drip out. It comes out in one big splosh and makes a hell of a lot of noise onto the shower tray if you're not expecting it. Probably just a coincidence.

went over there just now to find shredded valve on expansion vessel leaking ,sort of 1 mbar for 1 min !had the heating on for about 10 min and pressure went to 2 bar within 5 min ! and there is no leaks any where in the house
spoke to keeptheheaton they are willing to send me new one if i can give them order number (was purchased 10/01/2011)
the thing is do i charge customer for changing expansion vesel and fault finding today ?

is it possible as expansion vessel is leaking slowly to cause pressure to drop sort of 1/4 of bar for over night ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wb24 non condensing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock