Currently reading:
Vans vans vans ......

Discuss Vans vans vans ...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What van does everyone have?
What are the pros and cons?

I am looking to get something newer. I have a Renault Trafic at the mo, its the right size, easy to drive and park but its Not reliable anymore and has a few niggly faults.

What did you think

Vauxhall Renault and fiat all have the same design

I like them. Nissan also have the same van.

Just a bit concerned about the gearbox's
Had mine done twice and it was also repaired under warranty with the first owner
(mine is the old shape)

I like them. Nissan also have the same van.

Just a bit concerned about the gearbox's
Had mine done twice and it was also repaired under warranty with the first owner
(mine is the old shape)

i guess its the luck of the draw and how you treat them

I was told that about my 05 reg Berlingo mate. Had it 6 years and only cost me brakes/MOTs and services

same my old vivaro had problems with gearboxes and engines mine ran sweet as a nut

Has anyone had one of the new Renault Traffics. My transporter is 11 years old now and the time has come to change it. Cant face the bill for a new T6 and fancy something new with a warranty. The Renault 4 year warranty and 4 year roadside assistance appeals. Some good deals on pre-reg ones. Just wanted opinions of anyone whos owned one.

The only Renault I have ever had was when I was on the cards a Kangoo and it was always in the shop with electrical issues. I have a transit custom now. Awesome piece of machinery.

I'm too tight to change my van, 10 years i've had it and I bought it for £3600 inc VAT in Jan 07

I figure a new van isn't going to make me a better plumber is it? Theres no rust on it.

I want 5 more years out of it.

I'm too tight to change my van, 10 years i've had it and I bought it for £3600 inc VAT in Jan 07

I figure a new van isn't going to make me a better plumber is it? Theres no rust on it.

There speaks a fellow Yorkshire man . I take a different view though in that I spend 8 / 9 hrs a day in and out of mine and it's my office, canteen and why give it to the taxman. I drive the van now all the time and never drive the car.

Nearly there

IMG_3154.JPG

Lovely job Shaun. Looks like a cosy office, rather than a van, but why the cheap wood used?

Managed to used the old racking off the old van it's lasted 8 years so far And at most just need to replace the bottom and upstands if they go

Managed to used the old racking off the old van it's lasted 8 years so far And at most just need to replace the bottom and upstands if they go

That makes sense. Costs a fair bit for new timber, and to no advantage. I am thinking of just buying some of the already made ply kits and racks, rather than the cost of sheets of plywood, which wouldn't be much cheaper.

That makes sense. Costs a fair bit for new timber, and to no advantage. I am thinking of just buying some of the already made ply kits and racks, rather than the cost of sheets of plywood, which wouldn't be much cheaper.

If you want some like just bins go pre built but tend to find the shelves not very deep

What van have you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vans vans vans ...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back