Currently reading:
Van vault into a Transit Connect

Discuss Van vault into a Transit Connect in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if any of you had fitted a van vault 2 into a transit connect? Just bought one as I'm beginning to get a little concerned about how many £££££££££'s worth of power tools are in the back of my van. Weather's been so bad not had chance to squirm underneath as yet but would ideally like to fit it centrally behind the wire cage, facing the rear doors but accessing from the side sliding door.

Any tips would be useful.

I used to put chain and padlock through my tools. Saying that after one attempt they came back with bolt cutters. Bye bye makita drill

Ive got my vault chained with a dirty great chain drilled through the bulkhead and chained round the seat out of sight in my vivaro

Think you'd struggle to fit a standard van vault in a connect to be honest without losing a lot of other space around it. I have a connect & from experience when I tried to put one in mine there wasn't a lot of room for much else! Would be interested to see pics of it all installed though!

Do you have a long or short wheel base connect?

Hi,
I've had it fitted by a local garage who have a lift, they had to drop the tank apparently. It's central behind the wire bulkhead facing the rear doors and doesn't take up that much space. The vault is only a small one 770 x 370 x 370 and I have a couple of power tools in it in their boxes, however, may decide to put tools in loose in the future which would allow loads more tools to be fitted in.

The van is a LWB.

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van vault into a Transit Connect in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back