Currently reading:
Towel rail dilemma

Discuss Towel rail dilemma in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
The Mrs granny has had a wet room installed in her council house, the plumbers wouldn't put a towel rail she has bought in whilst they where doing the bathroom.

Anyway the pipework modification cant be done under the floor so going to have to do it above the floor.

Any ideas to make it look neat as I can only envisage it being a pun of mince tbh!

I can guess what this is going to look like lol. Is she going to be warm enough with a towel rail, obviously a rad is closer to the floor and with a clever bit of pipework may not look as bad as a towel rail half way up the wall.
otherwise chromed copper it is .

What width are the pipe centres compared to the new towel rail?
If the towel rad is narrower than old rad (usually is), then it will look poor no matter what you do. You could always tell her to get a wider rail though! Make sure it is plenty big in height because, as you know, covered in towels they can't heat well.
Consider if straight or angled rad valves will be most suitable. You could use straight rad valves inline on the vertical pipes & then pipe to chrome male bends for example.

Last edited:
The rad that is there already is tiny, towel rail is only slightly smaller. Rads quite high up wall already so its not going to be as bad as I thought, I hope lol

You could perhaps use straight valves with chromed offset pipes up from them to chrome male straights into towel rad. Then use snap over chrome pipe covers for lower pipes coming up from floor.

Tbh pal towel warmers are just that. You need a big one with a surface temp hotter than the sun to properly heat a bathroom.Cos as you know they get scalding..Stick with a rad and put an actual towel rail above it....I would.

Mate she's having none of it she wants a towel rail and that's that lol! If it wasn't family I'd be telling her to do one

Offset chrome with straight valves then bud. Scratch the chrome off the bottom so ya can solder a coupling on both legs....Then maybe silver paint the couplings or wrap some ally tape round em ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel rail dilemma in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock