Discuss Top tip lads. carry a hair dryer in your van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johno_uk

Had one of those nightmare days when everything doesn't go your way, then sent on a 'quick half job' on a fri afternoon to replace a div valve on a baxi instant 105e combi. As best as I thought I'd covered the pcb cover with my dust sheet and blue roll, some drips ran down into the housing and when turning back after new valve fitted the display lights started flashing like a disco and it wasnt playing game. I ended up giving the pcb a blast with a hair dryer on low setting and sorted... Saved an expensive trip to merchants

just means you wave it from further away, not melted anything except the hearts of my lady customers :)

Hi I fix boilers 24/7 and the best thing is clean film wrap it round pcb/front covers,hair dryer great advice,also blue roll as if leak it detecs it better then tissue or towel.u only do it once ha ha

Or put a carrier bag over pcb/front cover that helps ,when I went on a recent manufacture product training day they trainer asked what's the most important tool in an breakdown engineers tool bag and we all said a hair dryer ,he smiled and said "rather then do power point presentations let's spend the day stripping down the boilers" as all of us repair them and he wasn't expecting that sort of response.we did have a laugh about it though,great day!!

I always keep some visquene and gaffa tape in the van , and where possible can make a temp plastic gutter to divert wart away.
dont laugh it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Top tip lads. carry a hair dryer in your van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock