Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Top 1000 companies to inspire Britain - Williams & Co lauded by Stock Exchange report in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Well, I have to say, I am proper pleased.

The London Stock exchange report just published seeks to identify and promote the 1000 most inspiring small and medium sized business in Britain.

And we made the list*!

LondonStockExchange said:
Welcome to London Stock Exchange Group’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain: a landmark report that identifies some of the UK’s most exciting and dynamic small and medium-sized enterprises.

When we began this project six months ago, our aim was to bring to life what we knew instinctively to be true: that these companies are the lifeblood of the UK economy.

The term SME describes a very broad church of businesses, from the high-street greengrocer to the high-tech manufacturer and exporter. Within this group of more than 4.5 million UK companies there is an exciting subset of fast-growing, dynamic businesses. These "gazelle" companies, as the CBI calls them, or the "vital six per cent", as think-tank Nesta describes them, are of exceptional importance to UK economic growth and job creation.

Our own research, and that of many other organisations, has shown that it is almost exclusively these companies that have generated new, net job creation in the UK since the financial crisis. The public sector has shrunk and while large-caps are recovering, their hiring has not. Gazelle companies, post-2007, are proving to be the lifeblood of the UK economy.

Celebrating the success of these SMEs is a shockingly under-reported story and we are determined to change that. Our report, 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, seeks, for the first time, to identify 1,000 of the most exciting small and medium-sized companies in the UK.

Brag over. :)

*under our legal name of Williams Trade Supplies Ltd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Top 1000 companies to inspire Britain - Williams & Co lauded by Stock Exchange re

Nice one Ray, really pleased for you,

Now get that branch in Cambridge open ! :)

Re: Top 1000 companies to inspire Britain - Williams & Co lauded by Stock Exchange re

Well done Ray

Well done indeed!

Well done indeed. On wards and upwards. Up to Milton Keynes to be precise. Is that ecommerce site ready yet?

Is that ecommerce site ready yet?

Nope. I'm just going through the "final" pre-launch version now.

Already got 6 pages of things to fix (in fairness, 6 pages fill up fairly quickly when you include screenshots).

Well done ray! I'm sure it hasn't been easy. Now get the beers in! I'll have a sloe gin and cherryade with ice and a slice!

as members , users and testers whats our share profits

as members , users and testers whats our share profits

Whats the exchange rate on my warmest thanks and undying gratitude?

To be fair, this list was compiled based on financial data that was about 14 months old. I joined the forum about 16 months ago. Probably be in the bottom 1000 next time...

well deserved ray

Well done to you and your company ray credit to you mate

Well done Ray.

Congrats and thoroughly deserved. Pleeeeeeeease come to Bournemouth soon

Well done. Don't let it go to your head.... Screw margins and race to be plc?

very well done ray and all at the grind stone

Screw margins and race to be plc?

Not the faintest desire to be a plc. All our shareholders are either working in the business, or retired after working in it for many years, and I hope it stays that way for as long as possible.

Not the faintest desire to be a plc. All our shareholders are either working in the business, or retired after working in it for many years, and I hope it stays that way for as long as possible.

The single most consistently succesful high street retailer in recent years is the John Lewis partnership I strongly believe thats as a direct result of their buisness (partnership) structure. Nothing good comes from stock markets and outside share holders.

Well done ray, your firm is a pleasure to do buisness with.

Hardly surprising Ray you only have to read the reviews you recieve from UKPF........perhaps they gleaned that info from here and put your co in the top 1000 well done to you and your team...regards Turnpin...pint of Peroni please:8:

Well done Ray. Not surprising really - your business ethos is brilliant and a guaranteed way to gain and retain customers. Long may it continue!

Going to your branch at alylesford just got more attractive ray.

they are opening up a screwfix just over on the first trading estate.

come to you for all the plumbing gear, get the other stuff from screwfix, pretty much everything in one location!

Well done.
Don't be modest shout it out when you do well!
Really pleased. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Top 1000 companies to inspire Britain - Williams & Co lauded by Stock Exchange report in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock