Currently reading:
Theft from shop

Discuss Theft from shop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aqueousdesign

https://www.************/alan.mills.79/videos/10208239165526963/

Hi everyone.
on Thursday i had a Worcester 18/25 heatslave boiler stolen from outside my shop in chislehurst, any help on this would be grateful.
it was delivered and outside my shop for about 20 minutes while i finished dealing with a customer and had time to make room for it. given the weight of this boiler including the weight of the pallet, i didnt expect it to be lifted.
any information that leads to the recovery of this product will be rewarded. you all know the value of this boiler and how little profit there is on them, this has cost me a lot of money, stupidly i didnt put aside my customer and bring the boiler in immediately

aqueous design ltd, 0208 467 3100

so the thieves did him a favour in fact nicking the boiler ,as he was taking over the public pavement with boxs and deliveries,restricting access for pendestrians,forcing them on the road,to get knocked done and suing him or partial sighted folk,walking into the obstacle course outside his shop ....and suing..for a lot more than the cost of the boiler...

Fit feckers - i struggle to run with a pocket full of change.
Respect where respects due !

the link on the original post shows the cctv of them taking it, and i have another of them arriving on the corner, but no number plate visible, i have reported it to the police and they have emailed me to say someone will contact me asap. So probably sometime next week. figured i would get the cctv on the net to try and create bit of awareness.

Psst.....just maybe they are part of the problem. If they would get off their fat arses they might catch someone. ( Edit crime figures are down my arsz, reporting figures are down because people know nothing gets done so why bother reporting it and politicians don't live in our world )
Its well gone so get over it. Ther aint nothing in the world bringing it back even if plod gave a ***.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to see this buddy, will keep you informed if I hear this being offered around, I am just down the road in Sidcup. They will have a job moving an oil boiler round here, might try and shift it through Gumtree or E Bay.

I looked up the shop on google maps and I see you have a few plumbers around you...might be worth a visit or a call.

Stick a "wanted must be cheap and fairly new" advert on gumtree

Gumtree - the site of choice for tea leafs

Who's controlling the camera?
Zooming in and rotating the camera?

As for the blokes who took it, it looked a very light 130 KG's.
And they ran with it too!

Something suspicious?

Doesn't look legit to me.

Last edited:
I did a job earlier this year. I took the old boiler out and left it on the drive then carried the new boiler into the house. I drilled the wall and hung it on its bracket (maybe an hour) I went out to the van and the old boiler was gone

I did a job earlier this year. I took the old boiler out and left it on the drive then carried the new boiler into the house. I drilled the wall and hung it on its bracket (maybe an hour) I went out to the van and the old boiler was gone

Lol , week before last, I had a scrap man ( yorkshire accent ! Not irish ) waiting in his van whilst I took a boiler off a wall. Lol

I leave the old boilers out on the front on purpose so somebody will take them. New ones get taken straight round to where Im working as soon as delivered.

Would have thought it would be a nice easy one to investigate. Cctv on hand. Must be other cameras that picked up the van. Jobs a good un.

Crimewatch sometimes puts cctv of thefts on their programme.
Hard to beat millions of people seeing it. Anyone that knows those people will easily recognise them, even by what they are wearing.

Something suspicious?

It's a recording on a mobile phone of the monitor screen, or at least that's what it looks like oz

May be worth shoving the video on your local Facebook group. Earlier this week a tool shop in the village had something knicked, they put stills of the video on Facebook and by Thursday the tool was returned by a 'friend' with an apology and a request that the pics got taken down.

I realise it's a slim chance but maybe worth a go.

Set up a trap like some else suggested, Their probly stupid enough to return and steal "another" with a tracker inside

I wonder if we could persuade Big Paul to sit in the box for a while.

Imagine their faces as they are driving along and the box starts to open from the inside, and all 6ft 8in of Big Paul gets out. :)

biccies.jpg

Something suspicious?

i was amazed they grabbed and run with it too, the camera isnt moving, i recorded the cctv with my phone, trying to focus on the people involved, it is also the easiest way to upload the footage when you are a bit techno retarded.

i do wonder if they may have been following the delivery lorry around, it was like they were there as soon as it had been delivered.

i do wonder if they may have been following the delivery lorry around, it was like they were there as soon as it had been delivered.

I doubt it looking at the footage. These guy's wouldn't even be considered semi-professional.
Had it have been a inside job, the guys would have just put it on a trolley and walked away with it. They would not have hung around for 3 or 4 minutes making their minds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Theft from shop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back