Currently reading:
TGI Friday!

Discuss TGI Friday! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Resolute

Been a long and busy week, but a good one. Have booked a holiday in the Sun for mid June, off to Tunisia.

Have already consumed 2/3rds of a bottle of red!

Chinese and a couple cans of coke for me tonight! Wheyyyyy

Had a great week. Done a few repairs, I haven't done them since I was made redundant nearly 3 years ago. Was really daunting at first, but it came back very quickly.

I was supposed to be in tomorrow morning till 12, but the manager rang me at half four on the way home and said he had forgot to book me work in.....RESULT!!

not doing anything tonight, but I'm out on the lash tomorrow night so I'm going to get wasted then :)

I'm on call tomorrow eve so making the most of it tonight.

Cooked a chorizo and tomato stew, will finish this bottle of Shiraz and may have a wee dram.

Gotta be up in the morn with my boy but as I let him stay up late to watch a film he'll hopefully have a lie in then I've promised him we can bake some bread!

Had a great week. Done a few repairs, I haven't done them since I was made redundant nearly 3 years ago. Was really daunting at first, but it came back very quickly.

I was supposed to be in tomorrow morning till 12, but the manager rang me at half four on the way home and said he had forgot to book me work in.....RESULT!!

not doing anything tonight, but I'm out on the lash tomorrow night so I'm going to get wasted then :)

I thought you only did repairs Tom?

I thought you only did repairs Tom?

No mate. I mainly do services and pipework and fit rads etc.

I'd been qualified 4 years when I lost my job and was learning the repair side when I lost my job. Then i started contracting and didnt really know enough to do repairs on my own with no help what so ever.

I fit a lot of parts that some of the other blokes can't get round to, but as far as diagnosing is concerned I know enough to get by, I'm not rubbish by any mean, but I still don't know enough to do it day in day out.

So day to day I do my servicing and rads etc, I enjoy it to be honest.

I wish I could just do servicing all day. What a life. How much do you get per service Tom if you don't mind me asking?

I wish I could just do servicing all day. What a life. How much do you get per service Tom if you don't mind me asking?

I love it mate, its nice to have the occasional repair thrown in though. But I love going from job to job knowing what I've got to do in each property. It's a more relaxing way of life than repairs I think. You can really take your time and have some decent chats with customers.

As far as money goes, I'm on 23 quid per appliance serviced and 50 quid per repair. If I'm on a long duration job then I'm paid hourly at 22 quid an hour. I think it's pretty decent money especially when my out goings only total about 5k a year.

In all honesty I think I've got a pretty amazing job with limited stress and I really enjoy what I do. If I could, I'd fit rads all day, but there's more money to be made doing bits of everything.

Great day today! First night in the new house! Bought a new bed and memory foam matress as well!

I love it mate, its nice to have the occasional repair thrown in though. But I love going from job to job knowing what I've got to do in each property. It's a more relaxing way of life than repairs I think. You can really take your time and have some decent chats with customers.

As far as money goes, I'm on 23 quid per appliance serviced and 50 quid per repair. If I'm on a long duration job then I'm paid hourly at 22 quid an hour. I think it's pretty decent money especially when my out goings only total about 5k a year.

In all honesty I think I've got a pretty amazing job with limited stress and I really enjoy what I do. If I could, I'd fit rads all day, but there's more money to be made doing bits of everything.

Nah, rads would do my head in! Draining down and refilling all the time lol

Could do service and repair work all day every day given the chance.

Nah, rads would do my head in! Draining down and refilling all the time lol

Could do service and repair work all day every day given the chance.

Very rarely drain down zeb mate. Ill bung the system if I have to change the valves as well. Draining down on a combi ain't that bad too be honest, I don't mind it.

I've had a so so week. Covered my expenses and made a couple of quid.
Denise is fanning me as i type (she knows where her bread is buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ouch):lol:

Not had any work all week, worst week ever since I started up on my own, the phone has rang but only when I'm out or on the loo or oversleeping.... my own fault really.
Got a busy week next week though to make up for it so all's good :)

I love anything with chorizo in it, you got a recipe for that?

A very simple one!
200g chopped chorizo
1 chopped onion
1-2 garlic clove
2tsp rosemary
2tsp paprika
400g peeled cherry tomatoes (tinned)
600g Butter beans
2 red peppers.

Fry the chorizo in a large saucepan with a little oil until browned then remove and leave to one side.
Fry the onion and garlic for about 5-10 mins then add the rosemary, paprika and red pepper and fry for another couple of minutes.
Add all the other ingredients and about half a cup of water and simmer for about 20mins.
Add the chorizo and simmer for a further 10 mins.

Can be served with rice, pasta, jacket potatoes - your choice really. Next time I make it I might throw some chilli in it to spice it up a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TGI Friday! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back