Discuss taking on an apprentice in scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
can anyone tell me the cost of taking on an apprentice in scotland ? and do I need to be a member of SNIPEF before i do ? thanks

i dont know the answer but i do know there are quite large grants available if you are in the Greater Glasgow area via SNIPEF, best to contact them directly,

can anyone tell me the cost of taking on an apprentice in scotland ? and do I need to be a member of SNIPEF before i do ? thanks

If you are taking on an apprentice in scotland you will have to go through snipef all the training and funding is payed by snipef or whoever funds them. and you should be a member buisiness with them anyway but if not then snipef will actually give you a one years free membership if you are taking on an apprentice.
also if you do put an apprentice through the snipef appfrenticeship scheme the buisiness will get help throughout the 4 years with help for any training and also with any questions you have about wages and any other legal stuff

ok thanks plumbster, I've not set up my business as of yet in the process just now, SNIPEF says that I need to be up and running for at least six months before I can join them anyway. thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to taking on an apprentice in scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock