Currently reading:
Stanley Fat Max Open Tote with cover 20"

Discuss Stanley Fat Max Open Tote with cover 20" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good for £23.

My trays have been on a real diet. I only have a handful of tools in my bag!

Looks good for £23.

My trays have been on a real diet. I only have a handful of tools in my bag!
Always have a good clear out and have good intentions of it staying that way, but within a few weeks bags full of offcuts, lump hammers, old rad valves,etc etc

I got me some of the 18" boxes from screw fix. One for fga and service tools and one for domestic gear. Big hammers , bigger stuff in a fat max suitcase!

Went to my local Homebase tonight for a new lawnmower, while there had a look round the toolbags as I'm in need of replacing the Fat Max bag I've had for the last couple of years. Found this model is on offer just under £23, can't find it on their site so posted a link to the actual bag but on another site.

Stanley Fatmax 1-79-213 Plastic and Fabric Open Tote with Cover 20"

That's very very cheap! I have just bought a similar Stanley case - think bigger version, which cost over £40. I am going to have a look at them.
Only problem I find is mine is fairly heavy empty & to fill it with tools makes it like a filled suitcase!
Better as said to have a couple of bags, one for light tools & one for heavy tools.

Nice one will pick one up in the morning, been wanting one for ages but last time I checked they were £50!

Looks tempting but I'm not going into Homebase......also I aim to get another 4 years out of my existing one.

Cheers for the heads up, just bought one my old bag has seen better days.

I am just heading to Homebase now to have a look. Don't desperately need another tool bag, but might get one at that price & a small bag will come in handy to split the tools up. Will report back.

Well just back from Homebase & I bought the exact one as it very good for £22.49 - in fact I wish I had waited & got this as I bought the larger version A couple of weeks ago which looks near identical but cost me over £40 on offer!
The 20" in Homebase has handy snap close belts & plenty of outside pockets. The inside is not divided like my larger Stanley bag but that means loads of room for larger stuff & it has reasonable pockets & places for tools. I actually prefer this bag. It's a bargain I think!

Last edited:
I used to have one of those,

The handle remounted while I was carrying it, and my tools when everywhere.

My tool bags/boxes never last long, I'm considering getting something from this lot:

http://www.vetopropac.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stanley Fat Max Open Tote with cover 20" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back