Currently reading:
Show us yer mug!

Discuss Show us yer mug! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of threaded copper in Leicester area. You can get brass ef adapters for soldered joints. I have a few in the van, plumb center Leicester stock them for that reason.

Ill have to take a trip down there. The ones I got were from b & m plumbing in syston.

Need more than bog roll in your ears, it's like standing inside Big Ben when you use a lumpy. I've seen pieces fly off and embed themselves in plasterboard too before now so always remember your goggles. Better to look silly than have a piece of cast iron stuck in your eyeball.

Use an old dust sheet in the bath! Stops enamel flying in all directions! Check the ceiling below first tho, & worn customer it may pop the screw heads that are plastered over etc! Then hit it!!!!!!

051.jpg

the real question is how did that man balance on that "ornament" on croppies fireplace

Would I be right in saying this is known as 20 thread or is that something else???

Yeah, that's the stuff. I'd never seen it before last summer when I did a bathroom refit in Loughborough. I thought it was iron as well, until I undid it and saw the colour!

I've never come across it. Looks like a nice visit to the scrap man is in order after stripping some of that out!

Wasn't smiling earlier when I had to get the first fix done before a chippy could start. Old threaded copper pipe. The 3/4 was fine with ef adapters but could I get any fitting on the 1/2 inch. The walls of the pipe were so bloody thick. Like nothing I've ever seen before. Not a single fitting in the box would go on this pipe until I got the 15mm slip coupling on it. Think the pipework had been there
about 60 years.
Perseverance paid off.

Bottom line, I wasn't smiling!!
girl just hammer the ******* on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show us yer mug! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back