Discuss powermax baffles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I haven't worked onany of the powermax boilers, and only come across one where the baffles have dropped. What do you guys use to get them out once they''ve dropped? I tried cutting a small slot in some overflow but no luck!

Have never done it myself, however are they magnetic? You can get telescopic magnets that reach the parts you can't :)

Good point! Didn't think of that, doh! I'll have to try that!

lol ... I've had one for ages coz I keep dropping things down boxing and screws always end up under the flippin fridge or cooker nearby :)

Unfortunately they are not magnetic as they are stainless.

I got them out with one of those flexi claw things.

Just spoke to a work mate about it and he said he has some long double hinged pliers which work a great to get them out, so I'll have to invest in some I think!

get a long old cleaning brush,cut the handle into a hook,wind it round the turbolator(baffle) yank it out not failed me yet and have worked on loads of these heaps

I use nylon cable routing rods flexible like tent poles they can thread together for feeding cable but I only use 1 length with the little hook on the end. I drop the sump push the cable rod down the tube from above then put the hook under the dropped turbulator. Pulling the cable rod back out the top brings the baffle with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to powermax baffles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back