Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Piped Services Design Briefs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AmberK

Hi guys, im currently at college doing a hnc in building services,the course has a piped services module.I kept the module because i was interested. Being a spark and not a domestic or commercial one im struggling with some aspects of my assignment as i dont even come into contact with any plumbers at work to ask. I suppose its more of a design question but im figuring that at least a few people might be able to enlighten me. Im producing a design brief for a hot a cold water supply system for a residential respite centre, now i know a little from my CIBSE guides etc but im unsure how to put it all together so it makes sense. The class is mech heavy so the tutor isnt being great at explaining things,and he leaves at xmas. Grateful for all replies!!
Thanks
Amber :)

I don't see what your hoping to get from us

Do you have any direct questions ?

sorry i should have been more clear,im just wanting to double check what info i should be including in my design brief?

For starters read though BS6700 Design, installation,testing and maintenance of services supplying water for domestic use within buildings and their curtilages 2009
Then ask away.

thanks for your reply tamz,yeah ive currently got my nose buried in 6700 and i have some notes on flow rates. The next question down deals with loading and loading units etc and i do have to spec a water heater in my brief. The whole class are struggling, as the lecturer is not very clear with his questions,open for interpretation some of them really

So have you got number of rooms (&/or residents + staff) & appliances ? Is the cold going to direct or storage, gravity or boosted, what's the incoming mains service, what materials do you want them using.
Should be a good starting point.

The whole question is open to interpretation. The Respite centre could be big enough for 5 or 50. Better to start with a smaller number, get the principles in your head and upscale it to anything you like.

Some interesting stuff here may help explain things easier
UK Copper Board Website
like this
http://www.ukcopperboard.co.uk/literature/pdfs/Installation-Tips/Pipe-sizing-basic-principles.pdf

I wish the internet was out 35 years ago. I might have become a rocket scientist instead of a poor plumber :lol:

Me To, Tamz !! or (just to repeat an old thread) if we had just tried that bit harder & with the aid of the computer, we might have, with a bit of luck, just managed to become sparks. What do you recon ???

Didn't i tell you Chris. I am a spark too! Part P full scoped (part P means nothing up here but i do some sub work for idiots dawn sarf who insisted i spend £500 odd quid to wire a spur) and registered with Niceic. Did it in 2 1/2 days as i had an emergency boiler swap on the Tuesday and Wednesday.
P.O.P!
All legal. I can wire your house (but i'll stick to heating)
What a joke!

I am only a defined scope Part P so like you stick to heating (but now have to teach apprentices how to install ring finals etc, more hours than for the heating)
All because they cant decide there plumbing ends & sparking starts, god save us from bureaucrats.

You should have watched the other 2 videos and read BS7671 and gotten full scoped :lol:

Honestly: some guys on the course you wouldn't have let loose on a 3 pin plug!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Piped Services Design Briefs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock