Currently reading:
new build

Discuss new build in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
just had a look on gumtree and got my self some contract work on new build in west london ! start next week !
price work -bathroom 2 fix £25 per item -bath/basin /toilet=£75.00
boilers second fix £90
pre plumb unvented - £100
rad -£10

omg times are really not good at all !!! what do you guys get ???

The problem is that there is not much work out there and employers know that so when they contract the work out they pay low prices as they know people will take it as if they don't they won't be working at all.

The prices are more like books in prices.
I know it doesn't sound great but if they have enough volume of work, a decent guy could easily put in 3 a day without breaking much of a sweat. Not much use if it is coming in dribs and drabs.

That a barretts /persimmon homes?

I used to get £8 per rad , £80 unvented cylinder, £55 for combi .£45system boiler , piece of china £20 ,kitchen sink with prv £35 , wet test house £20 , wet test flat £15 , commision £40 , gas box £20 , gas test £10 , drain test £10 , out side tap £15 and about quid a meter for pipe .

some days earn £200 other days £70 used to do my head in as no consistency with your pay packets . Fiorst 3 days of the week would earn about £170 plus a day then thursday would suddenly turn out to be 60 quid followed by a poor friday .

spent about 4 years on those sites and the site agents by the end of the week you would feel like knocking them out .

I do not know how much work they have tbh , I'll speak to them again when I get back on Thursday ! it is really not good at all but is something and as I do not have any work booked up apart of second fix on full Install with uhwc ! So I will take it , does any one need a pair of hand for a contract work or for any work do not mine traveling and staying in bb as long I can earn a bit ! My Orkney dream has gone up in smoke as here local are not looking for plumbers now , will be more like in early winter !Thanks Stan

If you have no work on then take it , prob earn about £650 a week plus scrap a bit of extra copper and nab as many fittings as you can , ,,,,, not that anyone does that of course !!!

as some one has said its repetaive so you do get a lot done it depends on who loads out the flats as getting the gear up adds a lot of time best way is to do one job in say six flats then go ack and do another job in the six flats that way you only carry the stuff you need

Depends whos done the first fix as well, you on an hourly to fill up and fix leaks?
****e prices them lads, you must be quiet : (

yes i have nothing booked ,as just got in from lovely week in Orkney ! will call them tomorrow so I can go and speak to them in person and see the side ! hate LONDON ! want to leave it , now I need work so I can save up to move a way !

Do it mate, I live in rural Wales and the pace and hassle is a lot less I can assure you. Only thing as you say is adapting to LPG and oil but it's ok once you get stuck in!

if it bsayd the bills and gets you a few beers do it , you know the good times will be back when all these numptys passing cant hack the 10k a year instead of the promised 55

p.s im after a 18v dewalt battery if you see one laying about all my tools are makita but my hoover is dewalt and that battery is buggered , wink wink matey

yes i have nothing booked ,as just got in from lovely week in Orkney ! will call them tomorrow so I can go and speak to them in person and see the side ! hate LONDON ! want to leave it , now I need work so I can save up to move a way !

You've obviously caught the counrtyside blues Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new build in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Replies
Views
ShowerSmellProblems
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock