Discuss Making a new business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an Update to how im progressing

My Flyers landed on the doorstep today posted 4 thousand of um :cool3: weather was glorious but still have another 4 thousand to post :bigcry:

Work wise its been a bit quiet, got a full weeks worth of work booked in monday, apart from that ive fitted 6 outside taps lol and a leaking toilet also the possibility of a full bathroom install coming up, the word is getting out slowly but surly

Hopefully will have the van purchased and signed up within the month (fingers crossed)

Question about VAT

With me being a noob I have shot myself in the foot when doing a supply and fit job I never took into consideration VAT when quoting, what's best way of adding on VAT to goods I supply??

Take into consideration all the goods and add 20% ????

Last job cost me near enough £80 in me not allowing for VAT (won't make that mistake again)

Question about VAT

With me being a noob I have shot myself in the foot when doing a supply and fit job I never took into consideration VAT when quoting, what's best way of adding on VAT to goods I supply??

Take into consideration all the goods and add 20% ????

Last job cost me near enough £80 in me not allowing for VAT (won't make that mistake again)
You cannot charge vat if you are not vat registered.

Whatever you buy from a merchants the price you pay includes vat. You charge this price to the customer plus a markup pllus labour. If you so much as mention vat on one of your invoices you can get in a lot of trouble

I don't think I explained good enough, what I ment to say was

For instance I have the B&Q trade point book there prices in there are without vat, when a customer tells me for instance a bathroom suite they want and say its £200 would I add %20 on for vat then give the customer that price including mark up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Making a new business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock