Discuss Is this pressure ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t download the video files on Apple, but maybe someone else will take a look at what the stopcock does

Ah sorry. In order of the pipe see the attached pics. Thanks again!

View attachment 33689

View attachment 33690

View attachment 33691

View attachment 33692

2A6ACF82-B05C-4E0B-8EDA-BD8D085BA3FD.jpeg

0F081AF8-4255-4A64-8C7A-D81D3DFD496A.jpeg

F0ECDF6F-274C-4C47-9803-DAFF7D10F06D.jpeg

B4829F69-38E4-44AE-AD8A-5E993BAB8C53.jpeg

52E27829-5B34-4F86-9857-E14537082980.jpeg

A few things I have noticed.
The stopcock I think should not be installed between the cylinder and the combination valve due to the relief valve would be isolated.
Also, -
The balanced cold could have been taken from combination balanced connection, rather than appearing to be taken after the combination valve
Also, -
Discharge pipes and tundish - where are they? Tundish must be within 600mm of cylinder temperature and pressure relief valve. And tundish must be visible. Maybe it is just not in photo
Shaun might clarify if I am correct

Thanks! That all sounds bad? I’m not that upskilled in plumbing to know what that means.

The tundish is the other side of the boiler connected to this valve (see pics).

Should I be worried? Can I assume it’s ok if the pressure isn’t above 3.5?

DEBB6202-A3A1-4FB7-942C-A1FF0B23FC86.jpeg

41C3B669-FEC5-4F9D-865B-67BC9308E413.jpeg

P.s. there are 2 stopcocks. See first pic. That’s the main one - then one further down

Yea, the stopcock installed higher is fine, but the lower stopcock should not be installed at all, in my opinion.
As to the pipes to the tundish, - distance is too long.
If you have a decent G3 qualified plumber, then get them to look at everything including all my points

thanks. Is it ‘bad’ or not ideal? Should I spend money getting it sorted or is it just not designed that well?

As for the pressure - is 3.5 ok or is that also worrying?

Thanks for your help!

3.5 bar is ok if that is the only fault.
But you need the rest of things sorted, so get them looked at by a G3 unvented qualified plumber who will tell you what has to be modified. I suggest you send all the above photos to them, so that they can come prepared to fix it on one visit.
Overheat is the real danger of unvented units, but other issues though they may not require everything to be shut off for safety, they are still safety faults and any G3 plumber or knowledgable building inspector will want them fixed.
Nothing too difficult though

Thank you!

I live in a conversion and all the apartments (24 of them) have the same setup. Are they bad enough to be worrying? If so should I tell other neighbours?

I am feeling confused about some unvented regs, but as far as I recall, what I said on 2 points is correct, so best you get a second opinion.
Unfortunately there so far hasn’t been someone on here to confirm.
No valve should be installed between combination valve and cylinder.
Discharge pipe (called D1) from cylinder to the tundish has to be a maximum of 600mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this pressure ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock