Currently reading:
Is this a standard baxi duo tec flu?

Discuss Is this a standard baxi duo tec flu? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bad bri

Is this a standard flu for a baxi?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 255
If that had been done by my company the only plastic would have been the condensate pipe.

I would call gas safe as no stat and no lagging - doesn't meet part L.

The work is far below par but I would be asking the bloke that recommend the fitter for his assistance in resolving the issue.

Don't add leak sealer, the leak is possibly on the tail from rad in rear bed.

If you need any help in future please call - you have my details.

Wow! Yeee haw cowboy? Did they arrive or leave on horses bad bri?

that would be poor even by diy standards....

Only time ive seen it like that was when the customer did it themselves!!

how awful

Agree with others, poor workmanship. Make sure whoever you use is gas safe registered. Good luck getting this resolved.

I would call gas safe as no stat and no lagging - doesn't meet part L.

dont think gas safe will give a toss to be honest.

He was not the cheapest quote, actually worked out to be one of the more expensive ones.

He is Gas safe registered, if Gas safe don't care, what's the point in having Gas safe? What about the gas pipe that the floor boards are resting on, anything sharp that goes through the floor will puncture it, surely they will care about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought he was cheaper than direct as he wasn't charging vat?

some very poor workmanship. i hope you get some help from gas safe. good luck.

Thought he was cheaper than direct as he wasn't charging vat?

He he was cheaper than yourselves but not the cheapest quote I got, I have contacted gas safe, sending them more info and will see what happens.

Gas safe coming out on Friday, I can feel the gas pipe vibrating if I walk in utility room, will keep you informed on Gas Safes inspection.

]Had Gas safe report back, faults listed are gas pipe touching underside of floorboard,gas pipe in concrete is exposed and touching floorboard, no flue analysis recorded in benchmark book, angle of flue to great causing elbow to be mis angled, white part of flue exposed by 120 mm from wall face, sticking out too much, no thermal heating on pipe work where boiler is located, no boiler interlock/thermostat.

then I have the other issues of two pipes going into rads on an angle, system not balanced, found a leak under the floor on a brass T connection where my original plastic pipes fit into, this I think has been caused by the plumber pulling the pipe work along to fit his pipe work as too lazy to do it properly.

What did gas safe say would be done by them other than right out a report ?

Did I really type " RIGHT out a report "

Last edited by a moderator:
They sent him the same email and have given him until the 13 th jan to put things right, not sure what if any reprimand he gets from them, I gave him a chance to put things right before going to Gas safe but he was adamant his work was good and even said I should get them out, I guess he was bluffing me, Gas safe advised me to contact trading standings too. I will be in touch with them shortly.

Still waiting to hear from plumber, sent him a text today so I'll see if I get a reply, what will gas safe do if he just ignores me, will they take his gas safe badge away?

Plumber has not contacted me, he won't answer phone and ignored my text, looks like he does not want to fix his shoddy work, he has until 13 th jan to repair it, time frame given by gas safe. After this date it looks as though I will have to take matters further, after the 13 th can I name and shame this plumber on here?

Plumber has not contacted me, he won't answer phone and ignored my text, looks like he does not want to fix his shoddy work, he has until 13 th jan to repair it, time frame given by gas safe. After this date it looks as though I will have to take matters further, after the 13 th can I name and shame this plumber on here?

We'll let you know. But for now, no.

Ok thanks, hopefully he wises up and repairs the work as he had an easy install, all floorboards up etc by myself. It's frustrating as I can't finish other jobs in my house because of these issues.

Well he has until tmw to repair his work, then Gas Safes time frame ends. Anyone know if Gas Safe will take his badge away? IMO they should if his work is sub par. Any news on naming this guy as it may stop him screwing someone else over.

Can't see how I will be in court when I will list what the shoddy work is as stated by Gas safe and post the pictures to prove it, it's not slander at all. It's me letting people know this guy does sub par work and is not willing to correct it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this a standard baxi duo tec flu? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock