Currently reading:
Intergas HRE 30 SB - OK/safe to reset?

Discuss Intergas HRE 30 SB - OK/safe to reset? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

All.

We have a relatively new Intergas boiler, installed in 2018.

Recently, the boiler has been registering Fault Code 5 and switching itself off. We had a (British Gas) engineer round to investigate the other day but, thanks to more shoddy/thoughtless builder work, we discovered that the front of the boiler couldn’t/can’t be removed (to service it!). (Addressing this is in hand separately through a local carpenter). The Gas Engineer couldn’t identify the reason for the Fault but did confirm that a simple (button press) reset seemed to “sort things“.

In the interim, given the Fault seems to reappear every few days, is it safe to continue to do this reset? I’ve done this a couple of times and it seems to resolve things immediately (mercifully so in this weather) but I’m wary it might be masking something more sinister and I shouldn’t keep doing this?

All advice greatly received.

Thanks, Steve.

you really need some one who knows as its not a simple fault, it can be low gas, condencate , air flow, crap in pipe,
rectifercation problem, some simple to find some not. so sorry no simple answer

Reply to Intergas HRE 30 SB - OK/safe to reset? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock