Currently reading:
i hate Christmas already

Discuss i hate Christmas already in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

yes ive heard a song on the radio , seen a tv advert but that isnt what winds me up most it goes like this and am sure i posted something similar this time last year

morning is that peakheating ?

yes its lee how can i help

can we book a boiler service yes sure one minute let me grab my diary

why when can you come ?

start of december

oooooo no we will have to ring someone else

why whats the problem ?

we cant go that long without heating

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo so you need a repair , thats different we can call within 24 hours

well why do you need your diary

because we dont book breakdowns in

but i need a service

breathhhhhhhhhh lee breathhhh leeeee, IS YOUR BOILER WORKING OR NOT ?

no

right so its broken

yes so you need a breakdown engineer / repair

no i need a service

ok were fully booked till mid decemeber sorry thanks goodbye

Haha I had an almost identical phone call on Friday! Except they wanted someone after 7.30pm or before 7.30am! Leave it out mate I don't even work Fridays let alone earlys and lates!

dont mind the earlies . done jobs at 4am last year but i dont work late , if its that important and broke taslk time off work , come home instead of going shopping etc

We should be used to it as it happens more than once every year to most of us. I will go and repair any boiler any time as long as the customer is aware that a repair is required and that a service will not fix there heating.

I went to an oil boiler the friday afternoon before christmas last year opened it up and said to the customer

When did you have it serviced?

Oh it must have been serviced about 4 years ago, Can you fix it?

Yes I can fix it all it needs is a service and it should work fine.

Brilliant we wont be cold for christmas

Oh sorry I cant do it today its going to take me a few hours we can fit it in on the 3rd of Jan

I want it fixed today!

Not going to happen you should of had it serviced yearly I am not working late because you cant be bothered to have your boiler serviced.

Can you fit it in inbetween christmas and new year?

Sorry breakdowns only.

It is a breakdown, If you cant fix it I will get somebody else in

Ok then bye.

We got a call on the 3rd with the customer saying Hi you came out on friday before christmas just checking what time you will be coming out? You cancelled it but we can fit it in on friday (2 days later)

i love it when you get the call my boilers not working i think it needs a service. no sir/love it needs fixing first i cant service a boiler that isnt working. some accept it some dont.

i got a call last christmas eve at ten pm asking if i would come out to look at a boiler - customer was an hr away i declined.this year phone is going off .

I also got a call last christmas eve night about 8ish to a boiler Causing the RCD to trip. It was moisture in the wiring center (single brick outhouse). I charge accordingly

I did call out christmas eve about 10 years ago for a HA I got about 15 calls the 1 that made me laugh was the tenant who had decorated the front room phoned up saying there was a leak from a radiator I got there no leak on radiator as it wasnt there they wanted me to rehang the radiator at 11pm needless to say I capped the valves and walked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to i hate Christmas already in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back