Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss HW CH Mixed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jj1251199

Hello there hoping you could help.

I just recently had to replace my Vokera Mynute 20 3 with an Ariston E-System 24 boiler after the recent cold weather.

The boiler itself seems to be working fine, but it is the controls I am worried about from the programmer. The momo valves don’t seem to operate

It used to be that you had the hot water and CH operating separately.

Now when I turn on the CH I get hot water from the immersion tank. When I turn on the hot water it also heats up the radiators.

The valves seem to be in the open position all the time. I took the actuator off the hot water valve and manually closed it so the water cannot flow into the hot water tank. This is a quick fix as I don’t not use much HW, mainly the CH.

When you turn either the HW or CH on at the programmer, you do hear a little click from the valve which I take to be the micro switch, but I would have thought this switch would have been activated by the valve rotating. I have not seen the valves rotate when turning on at the programmer.

I’m guessing, not from any experience, that there is something wrong with the motor in the valves as they don’t turn and everything else seems to be OK. Is it possible that the electrican has wired the valves in a way that only the motors do not work. They worked fine before the new boiler was fitted.

Can anyone help

As said ,if you have paid to have something done and it is not done correctly,get them back to sort out the problem,you could just make sure the motorised valves have not been left on manual,with the manual nlevers on the side,as may have been left like this when commisioning but do not mess with to much or they may blame you for problems !!

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like a wiring fault is there power on the brown lead of each valve when respective channel is selected at clock with stats on

i checked the power with a phase tester. there is power on each valve. wasnt expecting that. again i listened to the valve when turning the programmer on and off. Just a single click from the acutator on each press of the programmer button

Is there anything else I can check. The reason why I am looking to get some onformation is so I can go back to the lectrician. He is adament at the minute that he has wired it up correctly but it isnt the same as beofre the boiler was fitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HW CH Mixed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock