Currently reading:
HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Attachments

• 000_0279.jpg
    000_0279.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,355
  • 000_0281.jpg
    000_0281.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,245
Arw u sure upu were not looking at the high limit stat dany ..... Sound like it u know

Yeah, I'm sure. That was my first thought when I looked at the cylinder from above (it was boxed in but with a removable panel). Once I got it out, and could properly examine it, I was shocked. The problem with these big victorian houses, is they get added to over the years. It's not that often that everything is stripped back and it's started again from scratch.

This place was once two flats, and has been put back to being one house as it was originally built. So there are a few quirky things, but I've seen all them before. This immersion on the switch live it a new one to me.

untitled.JPG

From the days when baskets were for cases (and no one carried cement) and a risk assessment was an unheard of thing :smile:
Was it a myson or a glow worm i cant remember.

Actually - I don't either. Like the fact that it's got a wee warning on it. A four year old kid would probably have to lean on it, while they worked out what it said.

Is your install to the left of the balanced flue bronz?

No pal, I was working across the road, Just thought it was hilarious so had to take a pic. The other flue is not even upright if you look it, shocking work.

went to a Keston today, I don't see many of them but I'm fairly certain there should be a bung in there somewhere :freak:

20120927_125357.jpg

And then at the next property I used the bog, I laughed so much I nearly peed on the floor

Attachments

• 20120927_101849.jpg
    20120927_101849.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 303
Nice neat offset :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Why did he not just take it up in copper?! A small kick bend in the pipe and it would have been so easy and quick to do. Some muppets out there only know how to slap plastic together and that's all they can do.

Why did he not just take it up in copper?! A small kick bend in the pipe and it would have been so easy and quick to do. Some muppets out there only know how to slap plastic together and that's all they can do.

Think it's against b&q policy to use copper, prob a health and safety thing!

View attachment 7484View attachment 7485 This plumber forgot the first rule of plumbing - "Sh** rolls down hill". Also it seems that if a stopcock is knackered, just fit another one (we've all done that) but if that one goes, well just fit another one.....and so on!!

I realise that the first picture the trap has just slipped down, but it shouldn't have been able to, and had been like that for a while. Was full of sludge.:)

that is a perfect example of what happens when you dont obey the golden rule of pipe clippingwhich is
one clip on a run of pipe is as much use as a chocholate fireguard

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349285925.768611.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349285935.678483.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349285944.112292.jpg

Thought i would contribute! Job today, shower pump werent working m so replaced it for new. Builder did plumbing, absolute terrible, took ages getting air out of pump due to pipework.
The holes underneath basin is where you can isolate the basin, and yes ther on flexis, changed taps in past and the service valve span around lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock